Sunshine Quilts

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Limited Sewing Time

I do love my family but . . I am not used to having everyone around ALL the time! Vince is off work til Thursday. Chad is out of school til 1/4. I'm cooking and washing and cleaning and cooking and cleaning and cooking and washing! I had hoped to finish a top yesterday and I got one row done. So far, today, I've made one block. Deadlines are not going to be met at this rate! Last night I went in the quilting room (for time alone!) and quilted a log cabin quilt for the tornado victims. I miss my laptop terribly! We smoked 2 chickens yesterday. Oh, they were so good. I took the leftover meat off the bone, froze some of it and will make a gumbo with some of it. Doesn't that sound yummy? Might do that tomorrow. Today we did a pork butt and had the most delicious pulled pork I've probably ever had. Oh, it was soooo good! Here's a picture of the meat just as we were going to pull it out of the smoker. We really love this little smoker. Last night I found a fabric in the stash that I can use for the backing on one of the tops I've been working on so I'm going to load that on the longarm tonight. More stash being used!! :) Judy

8 Comments:

  • Judy,
    The smoker sounds like it was a winner gift! BUT...did the quilts keep it under cover for Vince? Someone asked this earlier!

    As for people under foot...I have unil 1/16 and possibly longer! ARGH!!!!!!!!

    Hugs
    Laurie

    By Blogger Laurie, at 12/27/2005 09:13:00 PM  

  • Laurie, Vince never said anything about the box. Chad and I were laughing about him not noticing and he said "Oh, I noticed .. I just didn't say anything!"

    Judy

    By Blogger Granny, at 12/27/2005 09:38:00 PM  

  • oh mmmmm! I can almost smell that yummy food from here! I thin you are going to get alot of use out of this present, and everyone gets to enjoy the results!

    Bonnie

    By Blogger Bonnie K. Hunter, at 12/28/2005 04:04:00 AM  

  • Cool, I wondered how it worked... The picture helps... I have only seen an old fashioned (keep adding wood) smoker - & that was on TV !

    By Blogger The Calico Cat, at 12/28/2005 05:53:00 AM  

  • Yumyum! When can we come over??!!

    By Blogger  Jeanne, at 12/28/2005 08:24:00 AM  

  • Wow, that looks just too yummy!!! Isn't it irritating when house work gets in the way of quilting! :)

    By Blogger Laurie Ann, at 12/28/2005 08:35:00 AM  

  • Probably should set the table for a few extra...LOL..you have most of us drooling on our keyboard!! It was an excellent choice for a DH gift...and you really get to enjoy it also..how neat!

    Congrats on getting at least one row done with all the family home, and more stash used?? Marvelous!!!

    By Blogger Finn, at 12/28/2005 01:41:00 PM  

  • Oh my gosh, that meat looks sooooo good! I love the way it looks! My mouth is just watering looking at it. Hmmm, I may just have to keep this in mind for next year for a gift!

    And your not the only one having a hard time to find time with the computer or sewing! I'm home with 5 others! And a broken dishwasher - so guess who is doing dishes non-stop after 4 teenagers!

    By Blogger Quilts And Pieces, at 12/30/2005 08:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home