Sunshine Quilts

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Welcome Scrappy Happy Quilts by Starfishy

The stashquilts ring has a new member - Evelyn at Scrappy Happy Quilts by Starfishy. Evelyn takes the most wonderful pictures. Most of my day was spent backing up files . . poor laptop . . it is so sick!! Not sure what to do with it but something has to be done. Last night I was thinking about teacher quilts and it kinda made me sad that Chad's school days are almost over. I have all the pictures on my webshots page but wanted to share a couple of the quilts I have made through the years that were favorites. This quilt was made for Mrs. Orgeron when Chad was in third grade (1993). Look how little he was!! I just loved Mrs. Orgeron. This quilt was hand quilted! Probably the last one I did but I will hand quilt again. This one was made for the 7th grade math teacher when she had her baby. It was such a cute quilt. I think the pattern was in a McCall's magazine. I might try to dig that pattern out and keep it just in case we have a grandbaby . . a long time from now. Good news: I received an e-mail today that Vince's Christmas present has been shipped. There's a fair chance it will make it here by Christmas but . . until it was shipped, there was NO chance so things are looking up! Back to backing up my documents . . Judy

5 Comments:

  • Goodness, girl! have you been busy! Makes my still spinnin' head woozy just scrollin' down your blog. Love all your teacher quilts. Oh, pooh, love ALL your quilts. They really are lovely- and congrats on beating that stash down a little. That's progress, huh? Hope you're not working too hard. Sorry about the D in Algebra. Hated the stuff, myself, but now I love it. Things change. Hoping for the best for you and yours. Nina

    By Blogger Nines, at 12/20/2005 07:22:00 PM  

  • Welcome Starfishy! And Judy, the teacher quilts are awesome!
    Hugs
    Laurie

    By Blogger Laurie, at 12/20/2005 08:54:00 PM  

  • How cool is that Humpty quilt? When you get the pattern out, make one for me, too, OK?

    By Blogger Quiltgranny, at 12/20/2005 08:59:00 PM  

  • Oh both of these are so cute! The book quilt was so perfect for a teacher!

    By Blogger Quilts And Pieces, at 12/21/2005 07:03:00 AM  

  • I love some of these teacher's quilts -- Particularily the bookcase from grade three...

    By Blogger quiltpixie, at 12/21/2005 03:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home