Sunshine Quilts

Thursday, December 22, 2005

My Poor Little Helper

Speck has to be sitting as close to me as he can get. I sit on the sofa, he's right next to me; I sit in the recliner, he's in my lap; I sew, he's right by the sewing machine. I had a box of batting scraps to take to the quilt shop (they use them for practic on the sewing machine demos) and the bolt of fabric was actually some fabric that I hate and had thrown what's left of the bolt in the trash. Last night as I was gathering up the trash for pickup today, I decided I couldn't throw it out so I laid it over by the box of batting thinking maybe the quilt shop could use it for practice sewing too. Today, I'm sitting at my sewing machine and I can see out the corner of my eye that Speck is busy with something. When I looked, he had pulled this big hunk of batting out and managed to unroll some of the fabric from the bolt to try to make himself a snug spot. Isn't he cute? Judy

9 Comments:

  • What a doll! I had a pup that was like him - just wanted love or to be close to it! You surely didn't give away his treasure spot, did you? LOL!

    By Blogger Quiltgranny, at 12/22/2005 04:16:00 PM  

  • Judy,
    That picture is too priceless! He looks so innocent! ;)
    Hugs
    Laurie

    By Blogger Laurie, at 12/22/2005 07:28:00 PM  

  • Psst, throwing away fabric does not count as stash reduction!

    By Blogger Debra Dixon, at 12/23/2005 04:37:00 AM  

  • YESSSS BTW we are expecting more mini-daschund puppies on Jan. 20! (The boy got through the diaper....)

    By Blogger The Calico Cat, at 12/23/2005 05:48:00 AM  

  • Awwwww. Speck is such a doll! What would we do without our little fur 'helpers'?

    Merry Christmas, Judy!!

    By Blogger Tracey, at 12/23/2005 05:55:00 AM  

  • The pic is great... maybe you'll need to make the poor fellow a bed of his own

    By Blogger quiltpixie, at 12/23/2005 07:19:00 AM  

  • Amazing how creative they can be when they want to...hugs for you and for Speck, and a merry Christmas too!

    By Blogger Finn, at 12/23/2005 07:23:00 AM  

  • That is so cute! You were lucky you were able to get a picture before he got up. My 11 month old German shepherd keeps doing these really cute things, like sleeping with his head on a present under the tree, but when I quietly get up to get the camera he always gets up. Arghhh!!

    By Blogger Laurie Ann, at 12/23/2005 08:51:00 AM  

  • too cute! I agree, you were lucky to be able to snap that photo-what a nice screen saver it would make!
    Merry Christmas and a Happy Quilting New Year! Cher

    By Blogger Cher, at 12/23/2005 12:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home