Sunshine Quilts

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Saturday Happenings

It is getting dark earlier and earlier and when it gets dark, I tend to want to slow down and go to bed but can't do that! So far today I have gotten NO sewing done. But it's been a good day. Here's my Scrappy Happy Houses made from Bonnie's pattern. My blocks are a little larger than Bonnie's. I quilted it using the Angel Wings panto by Willow Leaf. The panto kinda reminds me of angels watching over the houses. I donated this quilt to the tornado victims in Evansville, IN. And, since the quilt shop in Boonville, IN is where the quilts are being collected,I had to go to the quilt shop today! :) Vince and I drove over there, and I bought the fabric I need for two heart quilts I have to make. While pulling fabrics for the heart quilts, I pulled out two that I loved but they ended up not working for the heart quilt. Vince was standing there and he said he liked the fabrics too and said "oh, just get it. It can be part of your Christmas." But, I said I was not buying anything I didn't need, no feeding the stash . . and I walked away without those two fabrics. That's a fantastic step for me! From Boonville, we went to Evansville and ate at Culver's. I forget how much of a zoo it gets to be in real cities. Traffic! Where do all these people come from? Makes me very happy to live in a small town. One of my new patterns will be Carmel Court. The blue/yellow quilt will be the main one on the pattern cover and the red/black one will be in the corner just to show it in other colors. I haven't seen the cover design yet so I'm not totally sure how it will look. I made the red and black one first and then made the blue and yellow one from my stash. Judy

10 Comments:

  • Congradulations at walking away! I'm impresssed... wish I had that kind of will power :-)

    By Blogger quiltpixie, at 12/17/2005 04:28:00 PM  

  • The two quilts are beautiful. When will your book be published? It sounds like you had a wonderful day!

    By Blogger Carolyn, at 12/17/2005 04:43:00 PM  

  • Carolyn, the target date for the book is Fall, 2007 last I heard. The quilts in today's entry are going to be individual patterns and will hopefully be in shops in late January or early February.

    Judy

    By Blogger Granny, at 12/17/2005 07:05:00 PM  

  • Judy,
    WOW...what strength you showed walking away from fabric! YOU GO GIRL!!! The quilts look awesome!
    Hugs
    laurie

    By Blogger Laurie, at 12/17/2005 07:42:00 PM  

  • Oooh I love the red and blue quilt ! I normally only work very scrappy. But this quilt is awesome in those planned colors. I also read that you are busy with writing a book? Fantastic! The owner of the shop where I work did., and I know it is a lot of work. I am looking forward to it.

    By Blogger Lucy, at 12/18/2005 12:25:00 AM  

  • sorry I mean the red and black quilt:c)

    By Blogger Lucy, at 12/18/2005 12:27:00 AM  

  • Wow. You do have will power. Fabulous quilts, as always, Judy. :o)

    By Blogger Tracey, at 12/18/2005 06:04:00 AM  

  • Congratulations on your will power, if you had caved with urging from DH no one would have blamed you! But, YOU GO GIRL! Amazing job on the shopping, the patterns and the quilts. They are just gorgeous! Of course I loved the house the first time, and still do!! Thanks for sharing.*S*

    By Blogger Finn, at 12/18/2005 08:51:00 AM  

  • Those quilts are terrific Judy! Two totally different looks.

    Glad you and hubby had a nice outing together! And Culvers: mm-m-mm!!!

    By Blogger Darcie, at 12/18/2005 01:21:00 PM  

  • I like the background on the red/black version! (Not at all what I was pictureing when I read "red & black." Nice suprise. (BTW I was pictureing a more stark contrast.... White background, no gray....)

    By Blogger The Calico Cat, at 12/19/2005 07:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home