Sunshine Quilts

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Take a Good Look!

You can see it for the last time because I am going to use it ALL! After searching for hours last night for the perfect red and not finding exactly what I wanted, I found a piece this morning but I had already used a not so perfect piece so almost this entire afternoon was spent re-organizing and honest . . no more fabric is coming in. First picture - Fossil Ferns on the left, then yellows (I really am kinda low on yellows but NO!, I will not buy more), then patriotics with pink overflow on top. Way over on the right is black and whites with some color overflow on top of them. Second shot - pinks, purples, reds and oranges. I'm surprised at how many reds I have. Next are prints and things that I have 6 or more yards and they're hard to fold in half like I have the others so they're on the floor. Look at some of this stuff! What was I thinking??? Next are three stacks of greens and blue on the end. I'm thinking green may be my favorite color and I don't know it because I have more green than anything else. Or, maybe I never use green and that's why there's so much so it could be my least favorite color. No matter . . it is going to get used! Starting to think I might have just a tad more than I'll ever use?? This is starting to bug me! This picture shows stripes, Patrick Lose Marbles, some other tone on tones and some backgrounds. Ahh, batiks. Love to look at them, love to buy them but they're not my favorite to piece or quilt. I'm going to do it though! Three nice big stacks of them. Aren't they gorgeous? They'll look better in a quilt though, right? Last (finally) are two stacks of Moda Marbles. They used to be my favorite but I find them thinner and kinda flimsy now. I'll used them but I don't buy them like I used to. Want to guess what I will NOT be purchasing at Paducah? Judy

18 Comments:

  • Wow Judy that is a bunch of pretty fabric. You are going to feel sooooo good using it all up.
    can't wait to see what you create with what you have.

    It sure looks well organized.

    By Blogger Patty, at 4/23/2006 06:22:00 PM  

  • I bet you buy fabric in Paducah. I was just thinking today about your blog I read around Christmas time showing all your fabric. I was wondering how things were going. Maybe not so well. You have alot of quilts stored very nicely on those shelves. I can't wait to see them posted.

    By Blogger dot, at 4/23/2006 06:27:00 PM  

  • Yummy pictures! Are you going to change the Stash Quilter's Ring photo with one of those? Tantalize us with more fabric! ;)

    By Blogger Leah Spencer, at 4/23/2006 06:58:00 PM  

  • Excuse me, I just had to wipe my chin. I was drooling over your stash!!!

    I will have to post a picture of my stash sometime. It is very small and my husband likes to complain about it. The next time he does I will bring him right here to see what it could look like!!!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4/23/2006 08:37:00 PM  

  • Great stash, Judy! Really colorful. I need to take lessons from you!!

    By Blogger Vicky, at 4/23/2006 09:46:00 PM  

  • It is so much fun to see someone else's stash. Thanks for sharing. I'm sure you can make MANY wonderful quilts with your stash :)

    By Blogger Helen in the UK, at 4/24/2006 03:41:00 AM  

  • Well Judy - you are just the type of person who loves fabric - and lots of beautiful variety too! You are making excellent progress is busting your stash, so I think you should reward yourself - say, a fat quarter of a new, yummy fabric, for every piece of big fabric you use? I don't know about you, but I get bored with my own fabric - gasp! My NEW system is to replace a fabric I've used up completely with a fat quarter reward. Gives me a tiny bit of new variety and let's face it - a fat quarter is so much smaller than... oh - that is lovely, think I will buy 4 yards for some day! Yeah, 4 yards is what I buy when I love something! Lovely stash - lovely colors - great organization skills. Thanks for sharing!

    Cheers!

    Evelyn

    By Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy, at 4/24/2006 04:16:00 AM  

  • I'm drooling over that stash. Mine is not nearly as large, but I have also been trying to use up and not purchase much new fabric. You don't realize how much you have until you organize! And you often find things you forgot you had ;).

    By Blogger Kate, at 4/24/2006 05:21:00 AM  

  • WOW... At least it is organized...

    I said that I won't buy fabric once upon a time ago, then I "needed" plaids for a masculine quilt and Then I "wanted" taupes.....

    By Blogger The Calico Cat, at 4/24/2006 07:04:00 AM  

  • Oh, my, you've got a bunch of goodies there! I'm salivating over Judy's batikshelf...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/24/2006 01:08:00 PM  

  • Okay Judy--now that's it's organized you can really get going on the quilts! Great looking stash!

    By Blogger Passionate Quilter, at 4/24/2006 02:15:00 PM  

  • Judy, I think you have just enough fabric...don't worry about using it all up! If you do, think of all the creative opportunities you'll be missing! :o) Carolyn

    By Blogger Carolyn, at 4/24/2006 02:18:00 PM  

  • Get quilting, girl -- you have a lot of fabric to use up! Saw your quilt in the American Quilter mag today -- congrats, its a great quilt!

    By Blogger Joanne, at 4/24/2006 05:20:00 PM  

  • I'm impressed!

    Are most of them FQ's or bigger pieces?

    By Blogger ForestJane, at 4/24/2006 05:59:00 PM  

  • Love your stash! You obviously have a great talent in shopping for gorgeous fabrics!

    By Blogger Laura, at 4/25/2006 09:33:00 AM  

  • very inspiring-but I don't think it is too much...guess I need to post my stash photos soon....

    By Blogger Cher, at 4/25/2006 01:44:00 PM  

  • Are you at least using more than you're buying? I've cut my buying down but haven't stopped completely but my goal is to stay ahead of it. What I hate is making these braid and string quilts and not seeing the pile of blue go down at all!

    By Blogger Mary Johnson, at 4/25/2006 04:01:00 PM  

  • Oh man, I am just envious of your stash!! Hope you have fun in Paducah!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/27/2006 12:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home