Sunshine Quilts

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

A Little Fabric Shopping

A trip to the quilt shop and 37 yards of fabric came home with me. I hadn't planned to go but realized today was the only day I could go for at least a week so I called the shop to see if Betty was there and she was so I headed to Boonville. This is not really stash enhancing because all this fabric has a purpose and hopefully will be quilt tops in a few weeks. The first fabric is going to be used to make the quilt similar to the one I made for Vicky. The background is a tiny check. These fabrics don't look like something I'd buy but I surely do like them. The next fabrics . . they're kinda boring but I think they're great for the quilt I'll be making. The background is a tiny dot. I love dots! Hopefully the quilt will be pretty because it's one of my favorite patterns. Maybe I should make it first and then the other two that I'm more excited about the fabric . . those will be my reward for getting this one done. Why do I have to bribe myself to do what I have to do? And, last (sunglasses please!) is going to be a fun quilt. The white with black circles is the background. The black with white circles is the sashing/borders, the gold will be for stars and the brights will be around the stars. The brights are Starr hand dyed fabrics (another gift from Vicky). I had wanted to use them on something for the book but never could quite find the right place for them. I think this will be perfect!! After these three are done, there is only ONE more to piece and I am SEW happy about that! Judy L.

18 Comments:

  • Yummy - black/white and brights. I have used that combination and I have absolutely no doubt that your quilt is going to look gorgeous. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

    Doodlebug

    By Blogger Doodlebug Gail, at 4/12/2006 01:03:00 PM  

  • Those fabrics, all of them, are gorgeous! Waytago on getting those non-brights! LOL! You're my hero, Judy - buying just what you need! ((HUGS))

    By Blogger Vicky, at 4/12/2006 01:09:00 PM  

  • I like them all too... :)

    The dark green is my favorite, but the pastel check bkg with pink and lighter green is going to be pretty. What's your pattern for them?

    By Blogger ForestJane, at 4/12/2006 02:10:00 PM  

  • Looks like you had fun Judy!!! I can't wait to see the quilt tops!!! Love those brights!!!
    Hugs
    Laruie

    By Blogger Laurie, at 4/12/2006 03:29:00 PM  

  • good day shopping and all of it has a future planned "home". I would gravitate towards the brights not knowing what exactly that you have in mind for all but one like Vicky's pattern.

    Whatever you do I'm sure it will be wonderful!

    By Blogger Linda C, at 4/12/2006 07:16:00 PM  

  • oh so pretty ! You are going to have fun putting them to use.

    By Blogger Patty, at 4/12/2006 07:40:00 PM  

  • Nice combos -- I'll look forward to the quilts!
    We have two dogs cause Jess is getting older ...
    Jeanne :)

    By Blogger  Jeanne, at 4/12/2006 08:09:00 PM  

  • I am sitting here, working on a class model for autumn, visiting the ring blogs for a little break. The pink and green combo will be perfect for my project right now ;-) I am looking forward to see what you will make with all the different fabrics :-)

    By Blogger Hanne, at 4/13/2006 01:04:00 AM  

  • Hi Judy, I just saw the comment you left on blog, owensborbrat's stuff.
    I think there might be some adult classes thru the community college & hobby lobby does offer classes on knitting sometimes. Where in Owensboro are you. I'm on Reid rd.

    By Blogger Jeannie, at 4/13/2006 06:28:00 AM  

  • great fabric selections-of course I love those brights...more great quilts coming up...looking forward to the unveiling.

    By Blogger Cher, at 4/13/2006 07:11:00 AM  

  • The brights are my favorite and I just can't wait to see what pattern you use them in!! Seeing all that great fabric makes me want to go shopping!!!!

    By Blogger Laurie Ann, at 4/13/2006 09:27:00 AM  

  • Wow, all those fabrics look great. Can't wait to see what they end up as.

    I did finally see the quilt in the AQS magazine everyone was talking about - very cute.

    By Blogger Mary Johnson, at 4/13/2006 04:59:00 PM  

  • Oooh!!! What awesome fabrics...I can't wait to see them all cut up and put back together, Judy!

    (I think we all *have to* use some sort of tactics on ourselves to accomplish goals. Bribery works!)

    By Blogger Darcie, at 4/14/2006 04:39:00 AM  

  • Beautiful fabrics Judy...I can't wait to see the masterpieces you create with them!

    By Blogger Carolyn, at 4/14/2006 06:26:00 AM  

  • I can't imagine buying 37 yards of fabric at one time. I would feel so overwhelmed once I got home. I am so anxious to see your creations from all this gorgeous fabric!

    By Blogger Laura, at 4/14/2006 09:57:00 AM  

  • Oooh, the brights with the black and white - now you're talking!!!

    By Blogger Tonya Ricucci, at 4/17/2006 01:49:00 AM  

  • I LOVE the last grouping! What a fun shopping trip!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/17/2006 02:26:00 PM  

  • OOOOO! I love those fabrics! Especially the bright hand dyes! They really jumped out at me!

    By Blogger Quilts And Pieces, at 4/20/2006 05:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home