Sunshine Quilts

Monday, April 10, 2006

Another Stash Top

(OMG! I just looked at this on the desktop and the background looks lime green. I like it but it's really a weird shade of grayish yellow so before you think I have worse taste in color than I really do . . the colors may be showing up totally wrong! You get the idea though.) Here's another top from the stash. I pulled out a bunch of fabrics last night and cut them all. Made all the HST's this morning (thank goodness this is a small top) and when I started putting the blocks together, two of the colors blended and the pinwheel type design was lost. So much for making a test block BEFORE cutting ALL the fabric. I really wanted to get this top made today so I had to dig through the stash and found these. The green has the pink and rose in the print so it does all kinda go together. There's still a pieced border and a solid border to go on there but that will have to wait til tomorrow. I think I will have to do some longarm quilting tomorrow and put this top on the back burner for a few days. Duty calls! Customers are waiting. All this sewing is sew stressful for Speck. Doesn't he look like he's having a tough day? He sleeps on his pillow on the sofa while I'm cutting fabric (he has a better view of what I'm doing from the sofa) and then when I move to the sewing machine, he wraps up in this fabric that has been washed but not ironed. Now it will have to be washed again but I think I'll wait til I know I'm going to have time to iron it all. He's such a spoiled dog, but isn't he cute? We have a privacy fence around the back yard and Speck loves going out on sunny days. Today all the neighbors were out working in their yards and he kept barking so I'd make him come in. Then 5 minutes later, he'd be at the door wanting to go out again. The only way he will come in without me having to go out and pick him up is for me to say "TREAT" and he comes running. Since we all have postage stamp yards, the neighbors can hear me and they think it's hilarious that I have to bribe a mini-dachshund to get him to do anything. I love my dog! Judy

10 Comments:

  • The pink almost reminds me of bows, on gifts. :)

    Speck's such a cutie. How did he get the name Speck?

    By Blogger ForestJane, at 4/10/2006 10:22:00 PM  

  • This is the quilt I had been calling buttons on bows. It reminds me of those ribbon things little girls use to hang their barrettes and hair bows on.

    By Blogger Granny, at 4/10/2006 10:28:00 PM  

  • what a cute top from your stash! The background does come off kind of strange color - but not as bad as you said it looked on your monitor!

    By Blogger Quilts And Pieces, at 4/11/2006 06:11:00 AM  

  • Another great quilt, Judy! Your mind must work at turbo speed all the time to keep coming up with these beauties!

    Love that puppy! It's so funny that they've always got to have you in sight!

    (((HUGS)))

    By Blogger Vicky, at 4/11/2006 06:39:00 AM  

  • My Penny would not come out from under the bed in the morning to go outside til I say "Penny, want a treat?" And now she will not come out til she hears the treat box opening! Smart little boogers!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4/11/2006 09:24:00 AM  

  • great stash quilt- very spring-like!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/11/2006 11:38:00 AM  

  • He is such a sweetie!! And such a good helper too!!

    (and yes, the new top does look to be a kind of strange color..LOL)

    By Blogger Finn, at 4/11/2006 01:55:00 PM  

  • I like it--even without the outside border on it yet.

    Speck is "speckled" all right but I thought it was because he was a mini-doxie--like a "speck" of a dog?

    By Blogger Linda C, at 4/11/2006 06:37:00 PM  

  • poor specks has it rough : )
    He is so cute.
    I like the design Judy, its really cute.

    By Blogger Patty, at 4/11/2006 08:07:00 PM  

  • Your pinwheel quilt is showing up just aweful on my screen. I think you'd better hand it over. You wouldn't want to keep a quilt like that, Judy. I know you don't want it. Nope, nope, nope. Better give it to me...I'll *try* to find a home for it.

    JUST JOKING, OF COURSE!!! It is so fun-looking...and shows up so fresh and lively on my screen! It will certainly make any viewer crack a smile.

    By Blogger Darcie, at 4/14/2006 04:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home