Sunshine Quilts

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Tagged by Vicky

Six weird things about me. Goodness, I'd have a harder time thinking of six normal things about me! :) 1. I'm constantly whacking on my own hair. I come home from getting a hair cut and start messing with it. Hardly a day goes by that I don't whack a little off here or there. 2. I'd rather be home than anywhere else. Even when I'm excited about going somewhere, when it starts getting close to time to go, I want to cancel. I don't have any kind of phobia about leaving home, it's just that all the things and people I love best are right here. 3. Baseboards - The rest of my house can be a total disaster but my baseboards are always clean! I'm constantly wiping baseboards. Don't ask me why that matters so much. 4. This is probably pretty normal for quilters but I hate using my stash. There's more fabric here than I can possibly use in one lifetime but every time I start to use some of it, I almost panic . . what if I use it and then I need it? I'm getting better but it is so hard to use my stash. 5. When I'm cooking, I don't want anyone else in the kitchen or even talking to me. Same thing when I'm cleaning up . . just get out of the way and let me do it! 6. When I get in the bed, right before I fall asleep, I can't remember if the doors are locked and I get up to check them every single night. Most nights before I go to bed, as I'm checking the doors, I'm saying to myself "doors are locked!" and then it seems like a little alarm still goes off in my head in that last second before falling asleep and I have to get up and check them again. I hate naming names to do the meme so if you see this and you haven't done it yet, please do it. I think it's fun to learn about us all. Judy L.

4 Comments:

  • No. 6 - OMG, you're my mother! LOL She not only got up to check if it was locked, but had to "jiggle" it. That always cracked my dad up! When Don and I are together, we always do that and then burst out laughing!

    By Blogger Vicky, at 4/23/2006 12:08:00 PM  

  • Judy, you and I are so much alike! I hate to sit in the movie theater...the only movies I've seen in the past few years are the Harry Potter movies. I don't even like to sit and watch them at home...there are more interesting things to do! If I do sit, I have to have handwork of some sort. We just went a few days without DISH when our receiver died and it didn't bother me in the least! I also whack at my hair constantly, especially my bangs. I also like to be left alone in the kitchen. It was so funny reading that you are the same way!

    I also love the star quilt, great fabric choices there!
    Carolyn

    By Blogger Carolyn, at 4/23/2006 02:35:00 PM  

  • Great list of memes Judy! Not to weird at all, just comfortably kookie!! Hugs, Finn

    By Blogger Finn, at 4/23/2006 03:31:00 PM  

  • I am 100% with you on not leaving the house :) I dread going anywhere too I am fine once I get there though. We just cancelled our Dish this weekend and I am in heaven! NO more policing what the kids watch or how long, no more hollering TURN IT DOWN or YOURE ROTTING YOUR BRAINS OUT GO OUTSIDE. Its awesome :) xoxo melzie

    By Blogger Melzie, at 4/24/2006 09:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home