Sunshine Quilts

Sunday, April 16, 2006

I like BIG

I know this doesn't qualify as miniature but it's really tiny compared to what I normally work on. These are little four patches that measure 1.5" finished! They go in the center of snail trail blocks that finish at 6". I think I could've made two whole quilts in the time it's taking me to make 48 of these blocks. I have 17 of them done and I think I'm committed to getting the remaining 31 done before I go to bed tonight. Maybe! :) Here's the snail trail block. Oh . . I forgot to post this: When I was at the quilt shop buying fabric last week, for one of the quilts, I had the background fabric as #3. I always have the background as #1 and I commented that I didn't know why I did that. I began cutting the fabric and realized I was cutting the background fabric using the cutting instructions for Fabric #1 which wasn't the background fabric so I screwed it all up. Some of it I was able to salvage and some of it I couldn't so I had to order more fabric. I'm hoping it arrives tomorrow and I can finish this top. This is the one I was thinking would give me headaches but I must have had my thinking cap on when I wrote the directions because everything was correct and it all worked out . . even with 6" finished blocks!! It's been a productive weekend here. We had a great Easter lunch -- baked ham, hash brown casserole, carrot souffle, spinach/strawberry salad and rolls. We had homemade strawberry ice cream for dessert. Lots of ham left over for the week and the best part . . a bone to make soup! Doesn't take much to make me happy, right? Judy L.

13 Comments:

  • Yummy, that sounds like a wonderful meal!

    Love your Snail's Trail - I like working with little tiny pieces!

    Cheers!

    Evelyn

    By Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy, at 4/16/2006 06:04:00 PM  

  • lookin great judy!
    hugs
    laurie

    By Blogger Laurie, at 4/16/2006 07:18:00 PM  

  • Love the snail's trail - those tiny pieces can be additive! Warning!

    Your meal sounds scrumptious!

    Happy Easter!

    ((((HUGS))))
    Vicky

    By Blogger Vicky, at 4/16/2006 08:45:00 PM  

  • great looking snail's trail block Judy and a great sounding meal as well...hurray for leftovers!

    By Blogger Cher, at 4/16/2006 10:52:00 PM  

  • Snail Trail is one of my favourite blocks, and I have a ST quilt on my I Want To Do Soon list. I am looking forward to see how your quilt will look :-)

    By Blogger Hanne, at 4/17/2006 12:21:00 AM  

  • I like the snail trail ! Tiny blocks Judy.
    Strawberry ice cream would be so good right now. Its 101 here in sunny texas, which is way too hot for this time of year.
    We have no air conditioning !

    By Blogger Patty, at 4/17/2006 01:53:00 PM  

  • Isn't it wonerful to revisit why we quilt -- for the process of making the quilt not only to get them done quickly.... Way to go with doing 6 inch blocks :-)

    By Blogger quiltpixie, at 4/17/2006 02:55:00 PM  

  • Looks like this has a shadow effect when done?

    I'm with you, Judy--those tiny pieces can drive you around the bend. I would rather work with nothing smaller than a 2 inch strip so what am I doing tonight? Try to make a teeny, tiny sunflower block, LOL.

    By Blogger Linda C, at 4/17/2006 05:45:00 PM  

  • Just poppin in to say "hi", glad to hear you had a great Easter!!

    By Blogger Finn, at 4/18/2006 07:19:00 AM  

  • Sounds like a delicious menu! I'm working away at leftover ham this week, too.
    Jeanne :)

    By Blogger  Jeanne, at 4/18/2006 08:29:00 AM  

  • Counts as a miniature as far as I'm concerned and they're nice and square too! Hope you got them all done.

    By Blogger Mary Johnson, at 4/18/2006 04:43:00 PM  

  • mmm --carrot souffle! care to share the recipe?

    Julie

    By Blogger floribunda, at 4/18/2006 05:19:00 PM  

  • This snails trails sure are purty - even if they are tiny!

    By Blogger The Calico Cat, at 4/19/2006 08:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home