Sunshine Quilts

Saturday, April 08, 2006

I'm so DUMB!

When it comes to webpages, I am so dumb! I started at 8 a.m. working on my web page because it was seriously needing updating. By noon, I was making some amount of progress. By 2 p.m., I had screwed everything up and was worse off than when I first started. Here it is 1:18 a.m. tomorrow and I might have it. Let's just say that I have as much as I'm going to have for now. It's my Judy Laquidara page so if anyone is feeling bored and wants to check it, I'd be really greatful. I know it isn't perfect yet (and may never be!) but it is a start. Thanks for all the kind comments on the pattern in the magazine. I seem to always be at the right place at the right time. Those two were the quilts that I had already shown you the back side of (ugh . . bad grammar but I'm too tired to re-arrange the sentence!). I had hoped the quilting would show up better in the magazine so I'll take come up close pix maybe tomorrow . . if I decide to get out of bed. My goodness, how many hours can one person sit at the computer? One day soon I'm going to hate quilting and hate the computer . . I feel it coming. I thought of everyone I know who quilts and can do web pages and was seriously thinking of making a phone call and offering to quilt every quilt C. J. makes for the rest of her life if she would re-do that web page for me. C.J, if you're reading this, you almost got a phone call! The quilt that I posted yesterday . . that one is for the book. I just had to share that one because I like it so much! And, even if I say so myself, I am impressed with the colors. Nothing neon and even Vince liked it. He's more boring basic when it comes to colors. He would be happy if every quilt I make from henceforth is a shade of tan! Taco Soup is made for tomorrow. I have good bread so it's Taco Soup and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches for Sunday lunch. Thank goodness it's cold again. Nite . . Judy

11 Comments:

  • Aww, don't call yourself dumb.

    Anyhow, I flipped around your site and the only "odd" thing I found was your freebie pattern. When I click on it, it pops up in another window (no problem) and then when I click on the picture to take me to the pattern... it opens in my original window. And I didn't catch it at first and thought it wasn't going to display at all.

    On the other hand... since it's a freebie, nobody should complain! :)

    By Blogger Leah Spencer, at 4/09/2006 12:01:00 AM  

  • I think your pages are great. I did what Leah did -- lost the pages, but went back and figured out that from the home page, each click on a page takes you to a new page instead of replacing the home page -- I like it that way -- don't have to keep clicking "back" to get back to the home page!

    By Blogger Joanne, at 4/09/2006 06:37:00 AM  

  • Dumb? I don't think so! It's only because you are so tired. I made a rule that really helps. Only work at the computer (especially if you are coding) in one hour increments. Make an outline plan of what you want to do before you start. That way you know where you started, what you've gotten done, then where to go back to. The pages look lovely!

    You do need to check the retail button though - the narrative does not link where it should. Other than that, it's quite nice!

    By Blogger Quiltgranny, at 4/09/2006 07:37:00 AM  

  • I think your site looks very good and wish you the best of luck with it. I like your patterns and hope you will sell a lot.

    By Blogger Hanne, at 4/09/2006 01:04:00 PM  

  • So much hard work Judy, and on top of coming back from a relaxed head and vacation. I think you have done a wonderful job!!

    By Blogger Finn, at 4/09/2006 02:24:00 PM  

  • Being tired just makes the job even harder. Your patterns are lovely, Judy. I didn't realize that you had them for sale until you posted about having to copy off 1700 two sided pages and stuff envelopes.

    Sounds the drudgery days are getting in the way of the creative sewing/quilting ones a bit.

    By Blogger Linda C, at 4/09/2006 03:10:00 PM  

  • It looks great, Judy. The links mentioned above were the only things I found. Good job!!

    By Blogger Vicky, at 4/10/2006 06:38:00 AM  

  • I received my AQS magazine Saturday and was thrilled to see your quilt and pattern. It looked great, congratulations!

    By Blogger Laura, at 4/10/2006 09:48:00 AM  

  • you are way far ahead of me. As much as I would love a web page, I am totally in the dark about them.
    And yes, Melanie is a systems administrator but she is always busy !

    By Blogger Patty, at 4/10/2006 07:51:00 PM  

  • hope you are feeling more rested today Judy!

    By Blogger Cher, at 4/10/2006 07:57:00 PM  

  • I can't give you any computer advice, but the quilt on the home page is a beauty. Good luck.

    By Blogger Kay, at 4/13/2006 12:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home