Sunshine Quilts

Monday, April 03, 2006

Back to Quilting and Goodbye Norm

Norm, Peggy's garden gnome, has been a wonderful guest! I think he enjoyed his trip to Louisiana. He's leaving here today to head to Texas to visit Peggy for a while. Here he is perched atop a roll of batting for the final goodbyes. Goodbye Norm, hope you have a wonderful trip. Thanks Peggy for allowing him to visit with us. We had quite a storm here last night. A few roofs blown off (thankfully not ours!) and some gas pumps down at the corner station were blown over. That seems kinda strange, huh? Tornado sirens never sounded so it must have been just heavy winds. Some of the worst hit parts of TN were the areas we drove through on Saturday so we're counting our blessings today that we missed all that and the worst of the storms missed us. Chad is back to school, Vince is back to work and I'm back to quilting. Vince will be traveling for the better part of the next couple of weeks so I am hoping to get LOTS done. This is the fabric for the quilt I started yesterday. Maybe not what I would have chosen had I been at the quilt shop but this all came out of my stash and I'm pleased with the way it's looking. I've loved the orange paisley fabric for a while and didn't have a whole lot of it but there was plenty for this project. Feels great to use 9 yards out of the stash. Judy L.

16 Comments:

  • Glad to see you are at home!

    It really stormed here in Iowa last night too. My aunt in KY said it was pretty bad there too.

    Love the fabric combination!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4/03/2006 09:33:00 AM  

  • Judy,
    Glad you are home and safe! Sounds like a nasty storm! LOVE the fabric choices! I can hardly wait to see what you are doing with it!
    Hugs
    Laurie

    By Blogger Laurie, at 4/03/2006 09:40:00 AM  

  • Welcome Home Judy!
    I'm glad you're back safe and sound and still with a roof overhead!
    Wendy

    By Blogger Wendy's Quilting, at 4/03/2006 09:49:00 AM  

  • Glad you are home safe and sound. What a welcome back though, a nasty storm : (
    The fabrics work so well together laid out I am sure its even more wonderful worked up in the pattern you have chosen.
    Norm looks well rested from his travels and I am sure he will have lots of fun on his next adventure.

    By Blogger Patty, at 4/03/2006 10:05:00 AM  

  • I was just reading about the storms across the Midwest this weekend--27 fatalities? Oh, my. It's that time of the year, for sure. My mom is IL said that their sirens sounded and they had to get into the interior of the house closets--no basement and all the rooms have exterior windows.

    Good to know that you and Norm all got home safely.

    Love the fabric choices--the focal fabric paisley is very nice! Will watch for the pic of the top when completed.

    By Blogger Linda C, at 4/03/2006 01:20:00 PM  

  • Glad you are back home again..I'm sure you had an absolutely marvelous time! Also, so glad you are ok after those storms last night...so very scary..over 60 tornadoes reported.

    By Blogger Finn, at 4/03/2006 03:01:00 PM  

  • Beautiful fabric, Judy. Happy you're home and back doing quilty stuff!

    ((HUGS))

    By Blogger Vicky, at 4/03/2006 04:15:00 PM  

  • thank you Judy! I have really enjoyed reading of Norms adventures with you and got a little jealous of all the places he got to go.. next time I am mailing myself!!! *grin*

    By Blogger Peggy, at 4/03/2006 04:46:00 PM  

  • I really like the fabric combination, they look great together. So what are you going make?

    By Blogger Mary Johnson, at 4/03/2006 08:26:00 PM  

  • I am sure you will have this top together in no time and put our curiousity to rest! great color combinations-and of course, it's nice to have you back, safe and sound. Bet the quiet is wonderful too!

    By Blogger Cher, at 4/03/2006 11:32:00 PM  

  • Love that orange paisley too, Judy! Great looking fabrics...can't wait to see what you're up to with them.

    Glad you're back!

    It has been fun seeing and hearing about all of your visits while you were *back home.*

    By Blogger Darcie, at 4/04/2006 06:38:00 AM  

  • Oh I can't wait to see what your going to make with these fabrics! I lvoe the colors and that paisley is fun! I'll be watching.....

    By Blogger Quilts And Pieces, at 4/05/2006 05:43:00 AM  

  • Welcome home! This is a great fabric combo -- I love the paisley!
    Jeanne :)

    By Blogger  Jeanne, at 4/05/2006 10:39:00 AM  

  • WELCOME HOME! So glads you missed the worst of those terrible storms... Bye, Norm!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/05/2006 12:11:00 PM  

  • Glad to hear that you're home safely and I love the new fabrics, especially the red fossil fern.

    By Blogger Jan Mac, at 4/06/2006 12:29:00 AM  

  • Welcome back home! Feels good, doesn't it? I really like your fabric combo. The pic of Speck and your description of his laying on the bed cracked me up! I know that trick when they get all like a wet noodle and it's almost impossible to get them up. Silly dogs!!!

    By Blogger Laurie Ann, at 4/06/2006 02:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home