Sunshine Quilts

Friday, April 07, 2006

And Now It's Quilted!

I like this quilt a lot. Maybe I'm growing up! I like this color combination. When I look at my stash and the quilts I've made, I think green really might be my favorite color. Quilting this one wasn't on my "to do list" for this week but I didn't get to go to the quilt shop and I really wanted to see this quilt finished. For those who asked, I did get this quilt totally pieced and quilted since Monday but I spent ALL day Tuesday making copies of my patterns. The morning was spent at Staples making 1700 double sided copies. The afternoon (and late into the night) was spent folding and stuffing bags. Then Wednesday morning was spent doing the invoices, packing boxes, printing mailing labels . . the part of this business that is NOT fun for me. Before you get to thinking I have extra hours in my day, remember that my only child is 18 years old and has way too little interaction with me. Vince was out of town so I was all by myself all week except for my Monday night quilt group. Thank goodness for the 1st and 3rd Mondays when I get a chance to talk to real live humans. Hopefully this weekend I'll get one small top pieced and one small top quilted. Doubtful it will happen but it doesn't hurt to hope, right? Judy L.

13 Comments:

  • It turned out very nice.

    I like the way the background color dips down into the border. It almost makes me think the blocks were set on point, and I want to get closer to it so I can see how it was made!

    By Blogger ForestJane, at 4/07/2006 11:18:00 PM  

  • Oooh! That's just lovely, Judy! I love the colors too...and the design is so striking. Bravo!

    And you...Miss American Quilter Magazine Designer...you!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a terrific pattern. Great job!

    By Blogger Darcie, at 4/08/2006 06:16:00 AM  

  • Judy, this quilt is just beautiful. I love the colors, the design, everything! You are my idol! :o)

    By Blogger Carolyn, at 4/08/2006 06:38:00 AM  

  • This is very pretty--both the colors and the design. I also like the zigzag look of the border.

    I saw the article in American Quilter--go girl!

    By Blogger Kay, at 4/08/2006 09:23:00 AM  

  • Judy - I was just flipping quickly through the AQS magazine that arrived today and lo and lehold, there you are! Congrats! Very cute quilt. Little girls everywhere will be wanting one! Better not let my daughter see it!

    Sarah

    By Blogger Sarah, at 4/08/2006 02:01:00 PM  

  • what a wonderful finished quilt to enjoy..nice work!

    By Blogger Cher, at 4/08/2006 04:31:00 PM  

  • You need my small army of workers! They love to do that monotonous stuff. Last week they helped stuff 500 bags in just a few hours. And giggled the whole time!! Love the quilt and congrats on the stardom!

    By Blogger Nines, at 4/08/2006 08:18:00 PM  

  • I love your new quilt! It is wonderful!

    Hmmm, my AQS magazine came a few days ago and I haven't even had time to look at it! Guess I had better go get it right now!

    By Blogger Quilts And Pieces, at 4/08/2006 08:26:00 PM  

  • It turned out so pretty Judy. Are you keeping this one for yourself ?
    I still think you have more hours in your day than I do.

    By Blogger Patty, at 4/08/2006 10:26:00 PM  

  • Wow, that was quick even with lots of free time. I love how this quilt turned out and the greens look great. As soon as I finish with these blue string blocks I'm making a green quilt and I can't wait.

    By Blogger Mary Johnson, at 4/09/2006 09:22:00 PM  

  • It is a beauty !

    By Blogger Lucy, at 4/10/2006 03:43:00 AM  

  • Okay, what's up? I haven't gotten my AQS mag yet. Geez, I'm always the last to see everything!

    But congratulations on being published, Judy! That's SO exciting!

    (((HUGS)))
    Vicky

    By Blogger Vicky, at 4/10/2006 01:36:00 PM  

  • I wish I were there to help! I grew up in a family business and spent many happy hours putting together brochures for shows, doing ad tracking, stuffing envelopes, computerizing the business with one of my sisters... (a big change for my Mom, but after she got used to it, she loved it).

    Cheers!

    Evelyn

    By Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy, at 4/11/2006 04:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home