Sunshine Quilts

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Almost Ready!

Peggy over at Hidden Haven Homestead had asked a while back if anyone wanted to have Norm the Garden Gnome visit and of course, I love visitors! Norm arrived today. He and Speck are getting acquainted! Since we're all going to be spending 14 hours in the car together in just a day or two, we all need to be really good buddies! I think they've bonded and we'll be fine. Norm will be traveling with us to Louisiana. I mentioned that we would have to stop at the Welcome to Tennessee, Mississippi and Louisiana signs so Norm could get a picture and my family isn't so sure about that! :) I'm almost ready to start packing! I had intended to get the tires checked on the car but that isn't going to happen. I did get to the vet today and got Speck's nails cut and got Advantage. We don't have fleas here so I don't normally use Advantage but in south Louisiana, there are definitely fleas! In the last week, I've quilted 6 tops. Thankfully only two were custom, two were pantos, two were meandering stars. I've finished piecing two tops that were started and pieced one from start to finish and . . I am tired! On my goals for this week, I have two listed to add binding but I hope to get binding on three so I can take them all with me and do hand work at night in the room. I have slept about 4 hours each night for at least a week and I'm going to be in bed before 10 p.m. tonight! Speck loves to get in the batting that hangs down from the machine. This is why he isn't allowed in the quilting room when there are customer quilts on the machine. This was my own quilt and this piece of batting was extra long because there was already a hole in it (more Hobbs quality control) so I didn't mind Speck laying on that since it was going to get cut off. I thought this day would never get here but it's almost time to leave and now . . I'm going to pack! Judy

15 Comments:

  • Have a fun time, Judy, and get lots of pix! We want to know every detail! (Oh, and eat a couple of crawfish for me!)

    (((HUGS)))

    By Blogger Vicky, at 3/21/2006 07:04:00 PM  

  • hope your trip is super fun ...and Norm enjoys the ride *vbg*

    By Blogger Cher, at 3/21/2006 07:39:00 PM  

  • Judy,
    You make me TIRED! Where you get all of your energy is beyond me! You deserve this vacation! ENJOY!!! And WTG on accomplishing so much!
    Hugs
    Laurie
    PS(love the gnome!)

    By Blogger Laurie, at 3/21/2006 08:29:00 PM  

  • Have a wonderful time Judy ! Enjoy every single moment you are there.
    Norms brother Newman is at my house btw

    By Blogger Patty, at 3/21/2006 09:23:00 PM  

  • Have a great time, Judy!

    By Blogger Carolyn, at 3/22/2006 05:31:00 AM  

  • Norm should have fun times with you! Can't wait to see the pictures!

    By Blogger Heather Smith, at 3/22/2006 07:17:00 AM  

  • How cute!I guess Speck is a puppy helper! That gnome is funny.

    By Blogger The Calico Cat, at 3/22/2006 07:40:00 AM  

  • Have a great time and drive safely!

    By Blogger Laurie Ann, at 3/22/2006 09:38:00 AM  

  • I just stopped in to check on Norm's arrival. Enjoy your trip. And I agree TOTALLY with stopping for photos at the various state signs. My dh knows that I can't pass an opportunity to drag our granddaughter out of the car for those photos posed with 'Welcome to ___' signs. ;)

    By Blogger Wanda, at 3/22/2006 10:28:00 AM  

  • Fun to see norm!! and have a great time judy !

    By Blogger Lucy, at 3/22/2006 12:35:00 PM  

  • Norm, use your best manners in the car and have fun! Judy.... get some sleep girlfriend!

    By Blogger Peggy, at 3/22/2006 02:35:00 PM  

  • my goodness, you've been busy! hope you, norm, speck and the family have a fun trip! looking forward to photos...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/22/2006 06:44:00 PM  

  • Have a wonderful visit Judy!!!

    You accomplished ALOT for a lady who going a traveling...*G*

    By Blogger Finn, at 3/23/2006 02:43:00 PM  

  • Enjoy your trip!! How fun to get away!

    Hey, you asked what my laptop was sitting on...it is a piece of acrylic that has been mounted on a soft padding thing (filled with those little styrofoam bead thingies). I think you could refer to this as a writing table for your lap??? or something like that...I love it because there are times I am on the laptop a LONG time! and it keeps the air flowing around the fan

    By Blogger Pam, at 3/23/2006 03:56:00 PM  

  • Have a great trip. I don't know if a 14 hour drive is going to be more restful than the week you just finished but at least you'll be heading for home.

    By Blogger Mary Johnson, at 3/23/2006 05:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home