Sunshine Quilts

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

More Good Food!

OK .. you're thinking all we've done since arriving in Louisiana is eat and that's about a fact. I suppose when you live somewhere like this forever and the food is so "ethnic" and then you live where you can't get any of it, it's ok to eat non-stop for a week. I'll pay the price next week -- maybe I'm going to join the local health club . . maybe! For lunch we went to Darrell's who has the best poboys around. Their bread is fantastic. I got the roast beef which has yummy gravy and jalapeno mayo. I could really just eat the bread and gravy and forget the meat but .. I ate the whole thing. Vince had the grilled shrimp poboy and it was great too. Next stop was out to Hackett's Cajun Kitchen for boudin. We got two links of spicey and two links of crawfish and brought that back to the room for dinner. I could live on sugar and the cakes/cupcakes from Jo's Party House have been a favorite for years. They are so sugary that most adults don't like them but ohhh, I could live on them! We always get cupcakes when here so in the picture, you see our feast for the night . . boudin and cupcakes. And we haven't forgotten Norm. Here he is peering over into the box of cupcakes. I know he's wishing for one of these sweet treats! We got 10 white ones for me and 2 chocolate ones for Vince. The whole time he's eating them, he's saying "these things are TOOOOO sweet!" Tomorrow we'll spend the day with mom and dad and then Friday, we hit the road heading back to Kentucky. How did my week go by so quickly? Judy L.

5 Comments:

  • 10:2, great ratio on those cupcakes!!! LOL!! I haven't recovered from the crawfish photos, and now you've got boudin? What a pal! Have a link or two for me!

    By Blogger Vicky, at 3/29/2006 06:58:00 PM  

  • Um youm - boudin! I haven't had those for forever! And do people around you look at you like you're crazy, taking pictures for us who are travelling and eating with you vicariously? LOL!

    By Blogger Quiltgranny, at 3/30/2006 09:46:00 AM  

  • you are just having way too much fun !!!!

    By Blogger Patty, at 3/30/2006 02:30:00 PM  

  • oh my gosh, i'm hungry. next time, take me along like norm?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/30/2006 03:04:00 PM  

  • You are making my mouth water. I love Cajun food and cupcakes are ALWAYS a good idea.

    By Blogger tami, at 3/30/2006 06:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home