Sunshine Quilts

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

A Great Day!

About time, huh? Today was wonderful. First, and foremost, I got an e-mail from Chad's advocate (which is like what we called the homeroom teacher). She's a sweet, sweet lady and we were so blessed to have gotten her for an advocate. They keep the same advocate for the whole four years of high school. I'm the advocate mom and had sent donuts yesterday and she sent me an e-mail thanking me for the snacks. Then, she added: I talked to Chad yesterday about his plans for the future. I told him he needs to think of something in the “service” field – whether it be working in a hospital or even retail customer service….. He’s always willing to help others & he’s so thoughtful!! That really made my heart sing! Second, and probably really most important, I lit the gas grill at lunch to fix steaks and while quite apprehensive about turning on that gas, everything went fine! And thirdly, and maybe even more important, I started thinking about our trip to Louisiana and all of a sudden, I just thought . . why don't we leave a day early since my time with my family has been cut short. I wrote the principal to see what would happen if Chad missed school one day. Unexcused! No excused absences without a doctor's note on the day before a holiday. Hmmmm, not what I wanted to hear but also not to be stopped, I wrote to his teachers. He has three classes and I heard back from two of them. Math teacher said they were having a test that day but she thought by the time spring break was over, she would have "forgotten" that his absence was unexcused and he could make up the test. (She had a little "wink" in there!) The Medical Terminology teacher said the students were giving a presentation on Thursday but she would let Chad give his on Wednesday. The Military History teacher was out today but I figured . . worst case scenario is a zero in that once class so I changed all our reservations. Now I get an extra day with mom and dad. I called to tell them and they had already decided to drive to Lafayette at least one day while I'm there to spend the day with me while Vince is at his seminar so I'll probably end up getting to spend more time with them than I would have had our plans not changed. Can't beat a day like today, huh? Judy L.

12 Comments:

  • Oh boy Judy, I was catching up on your blog this morning, sounds like you've had QUITE the time of it lately! Glad to hear things are returning to normal.

    Jim and I are headed to Missouri tomorrow to see if our property suffered any tornade damage, as one went through our town.

    Where is home in LA? Not New Orleans I hope! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/16/2006 03:20:00 AM  

  • Good news, Judy! An extra day at home is great! And it's good to read that things are finally settling down for you! (HUGS)

    By Blogger Vicky, at 3/16/2006 06:04:00 AM  

  • Great news, Judy. Really starting to worry about your week and daily fire hazard problems!

    By Blogger Joanne, at 3/16/2006 06:33:00 AM  

  • having a day with no fires earned you a extra day with family!! LOL Have a great trip

    By Blogger Peggy, at 3/16/2006 07:11:00 AM  

  • Good for you, getting to spend an extra day with family, make the most of it and enjoy!

    By Blogger Laura, at 3/16/2006 09:49:00 AM  

  • So glad you had a good day for a change - you were due!

    By Blogger Patti, at 3/16/2006 01:31:00 PM  

  • I used to pull my boys out of school occasionally for family trips. Somethings are just as important if not more so than perfect attendance.

    By Blogger Mary Johnson, at 3/16/2006 03:57:00 PM  

  • Sound like a nice day to me!

    Don't you just love it when teachers say nice things about your kids? We call it a "parental payday." It keeps us going!
    Kairle

    By Blogger Kairle Oaks, at 3/16/2006 04:28:00 PM  

  • So glad you had a wonderful day Judy ! Maybe the tide has changed

    By Blogger Patty, at 3/16/2006 08:06:00 PM  

  • Judy,
    I hesitated to even CLICK on your blog today! ;) I didn't want to read about more fires! Glad today was a SUPER day!
    Hugs
    Laurie

    By Blogger Laurie, at 3/16/2006 08:31:00 PM  

  • woohoo! so happy for you Judy...I hope your time back home is terrific and gives all of you lots of great days!

    By Blogger Cher, at 3/16/2006 11:26:00 PM  

  • You go girl! I'm glad you are taking the extra day of vacation! Have a wonderful time.

    By Blogger La Tea Dah, at 3/17/2006 06:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home