Sunshine Quilts

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Home Sweet Home

Just got this info from KPLC TV (Lake Charles, LA) web site. According to Morgan Quitno, Louisiana is the "Most Unlivable" state! This should help convice my dear husband that we should move to Louisiana. Anyone want to move with me? :) With back to back hurricanes it comes as no surprise that the Bayou State is dead last in a newly released report of the most livable states. Here are some of the stats they quoted: Poverty -- 45 (ranking among 50 states) Percentage of households receiving food stamps -- 50 Residents with no health insurance -- 45 Average monthly electric bill -- 46 High school graduation rate -- 47 Teen pregnancy -- 44 Infant mortality rate -- 49 Highway fatalities involving alcohol -- 49 And, another interesting fact - Rounding the bottom five were South Carolina, Kentucky, Arkansas and Mississippi. Guess there's not much difference in living in Kentucky or Louisiana . . just so there's a fire station close by, I should be ok! :) Judy L.

11 Comments:

  • These stats don't surprise me in the least. But I'd still move back there in a heartbeat ... there's no place like home!

    By Blogger Vicky, at 3/15/2006 10:20:00 AM  

  • Hmmmm...I wonder where North Dakota was on that list. ???

    Boy! Sorry about all of the bad luck in your house with fires, Judy! I had nearly the same experience with our self-cleaning oven the first time that I used that feature. I have since resorted to good ole elbow grease and plain old cleaner.

    Thank goodness everyone is allright!

    By Blogger Darcie, at 3/15/2006 11:28:00 AM  

  • Judy, your luck has to change soon! The last time I cleaned my oven I had a little fire also - I shouldn't wait so long to do it! Luckily it used up all the available oxygen in the oven and went out almost right away. Scared me to death however!

    By Blogger Patti, at 3/15/2006 01:01:00 PM  

  • At least you are getting all your bad luck over with at once! I would love to move but I want closer to snow country.

    By Blogger Peggy, at 3/15/2006 02:21:00 PM  

  • Judy,
    I agree with Vicky...there's no place like home...
    Hugs
    Laurie

    By Blogger Laurie, at 3/15/2006 02:25:00 PM  

  • Judy...quick! run away to NJ...I'm sure we're REAL high on that list! :o) I hope the pyrotechnics in your house are over...you sure do know how to keep life interesting!

    By Blogger Carolyn, at 3/15/2006 07:07:00 PM  

  • I'm surprised Georgia's not in the bottom 5. The south doesn't come out well in that survey does it?

    By Blogger Mary Johnson, at 3/15/2006 07:37:00 PM  

  • Gosh Judy, that's gotta be soooo depressing coming on top of all the "stuff" that has been happening to you latey.
    I knew I should have read "When Bad Things Happen to Good People", but I didn't (red face here).

    What I can say tho, stats aside, is that the heart wants what the heart wants, and the mind(or the stats) have little do with it.

    If it's where you want to be, don't let anything stop you..*VBS* Big hugs for all the close calls, Finn

    By Blogger Finn, at 3/15/2006 08:03:00 PM  

  • Texas is nice Judy and close to LA !

    By Blogger Patty, at 3/15/2006 08:53:00 PM  

  • You can be my neighbor and not even live in a state....

    Maybe LA is a "cheaper" state becasue of those rankings? (The south usually is... I know several people who moved to Miss., Ala., & S.C. to retire...)

    By Blogger The Calico Cat, at 3/16/2006 09:51:00 AM  

  • Too funny!!

    There is no place like home!

    By Blogger Deb Geyer, at 3/16/2006 03:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home