Sunshine Quilts

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

January is History!

Stashquilters, how did you do in January? Meet your goals? I got the two heart quilts pieced, quilted, bound, labeled and delivered. I got Tina's quilt pieced, quilted, bound, labeled and delivered. I got the Christmas quilt pieced, quilted, machine part of the binding done but didn't get the handwork done. Not on my list of goals for January but I pieced, quilted, bound and labeled a donation quilt for the Mission of Hope project and pieced and quilted my uncle's quilt. I'll hopefully get the binding done this week and get it in the mail by Monday. I'm happy with what I did and having the goals posted really helped me stay on track. I felt accountable to all who read my blog! The best news of the day is that I was able to get a room in Louisiana for our spring break trip. Our Christmas trip got cancelled because there were no rooms due to Hurricane Rita. I am so happy to be able to go home for a whole week. I want to start packing NOW but I'll wait a while! :) Time to get started on the February goals. I set some lofty goals for this month and may be in for a disappointment. Not at all sure I can get all these tops made but I'll never know if I don't try, right? Judy L.

10 Comments:

  • Judy, you did a wonderful job in January, and I am sure February will also find many quilts done as well. If we don't set some high goals..where is the stretch?

    By Blogger Cher, at 2/01/2006 03:18:00 PM  

  • Great job Judy!!! Don't know how you get all that done, but it's wonderful and I agree that the posting of goals does help. Maybe we'll keep gathering momentum as the months roll by!!

    By Blogger Finn, at 2/01/2006 07:50:00 PM  

  • In theory of "When Harry Met Sally"...I'll have what she's (you're) having!!!

    You are on a roll, Judy!!! Bravo!

    By Blogger Darcie, at 2/01/2006 08:08:00 PM  

  • Congratulations! I agree that posting goals and working toward them is a great motivator and I'm happy with my January progress too.

    My son moves tomorrow from Savannah to Mandeville, LA. For a while we didn't think they'd find a place to live but they did. I'm not looking forward to him being further away but he's excited about starting a new job.

    By Blogger Mary Johnson, at 2/01/2006 08:41:00 PM  

  • Judy, you are as always inspiring! I didn't do much in terms of using up the stash, but I also behaved on purchases :-) (And I did totally reorg my stash in an attempt to make itmore manageable). I did finish 2 UFOs in Jan, and have another 3 year old one that should be done before bed tonight! So, I'm feeling darn good!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/02/2006 08:13:00 AM  

  • Good job getting those goals completed! I've figured out how to add links to my sidebar, but now I have to figure out how to add some goals, like you have. Blogger help, here I come!

    By Blogger Laurie Ann, at 2/02/2006 08:41:00 AM  

  • Judy, thanks for popping by, I have already find out, you know, I did something and that window for title showed on the template... hurray! It was not there before, I swear.

    By Blogger Alena, at 2/02/2006 01:06:00 PM  

  • WTG Judy!!! I just haven't been real motivated lately! So, no goals for me! And that's OK!!! Good luck with February!
    Hugs
    Laurie

    By Blogger Laurie, at 2/02/2006 01:37:00 PM  

  • my Grace quilting frame came today, so my goal for February is to have it put together....lots of parts.

    By Blogger Patty, at 2/02/2006 06:00:00 PM  

  • We are rooting for you!

    By Blogger The Calico Cat, at 2/03/2006 07:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home