Sunshine Quilts

Monday, January 23, 2006

Yes, there IS ugly fabric!

And, yes, I buy it and yes, I buy a lot of it! I have no idea why I bought this fabric nor do I know why I bought 8 yards of it. I'm guessing it was on sale and if that's the case, I have to take back everything about my husband and his bargain hunting. I think this fabric is trees. Chad isn't sure. No matter . . it is UGLY! And, yes, there are ugly quilts. And, this is one of them! When I'm testing my patterns, I use fabrics for the first try that are those "what was I thinking when I bought this" kind of fabrics. This is one of those quilts. I started with the yellow print and it has blue and it has red and it has olive green so those are the fabrics I used. When I showed this quilt to Vince, he asked me what I was going to do with it. I told him I didn't know. He asked if I wanted him to take it. I said "do you like it?" He said "not really but I don't want you to give it to anyone else!" He usually tries to say something positive about my quilts so it's pretty bad when even Vince thinks it's ugly! But, don't you think the ugly backing matches perfectly . . it has blue and green! It's hard to get such an ugly quilt with such an ugly backing and have them actually coordinate. Judy

10 Comments:

  • But...But...I don't think the green is particularly ugly! I know the picture doesn't translate as well as the real thing, but I bet that fabric would be awesome cut up into the right thing. But then again, I have a fondness for ugly ducklings that have swan potential.

    By Blogger Susan, at 1/23/2006 01:45:00 PM  

  • I don't think it's ugly. I'll gladly pay the postage for you to send it here. LOL

    By Blogger Debra Dee, at 1/23/2006 02:33:00 PM  

  • I think the green trees will be perfect for the back. And I don't think it is ugly. Poor thing, you may hurt its feelings!! :)

    By Blogger Laurie Ann, at 1/23/2006 02:58:00 PM  

  • i think its a match ! There was a reason you bought that fabric and I think this might be the project for it.
    Its not ugly, just not you.

    By Blogger Patty, at 1/23/2006 04:54:00 PM  

  • LOL...beauty is in the eye of the beholder and you certainly have posts to prove that Judy! I do agree it's a match...

    By Blogger Cher, at 1/23/2006 07:40:00 PM  

  • *LOL* I think that fabric is trees at WARP SPEED!! Or off a bad streaky printer...your choice :c) But it might look great cut up.....REAEEEEEAAALLY SMALLLL!

    Congrats on the book entry! You should be so excited!

    Bonnie

    By Blogger Bonnie K. Hunter, at 1/24/2006 04:54:00 PM  

  • I don't think the quilt is ugly. But the backing does seem to go with it. I'm sure someone will love it when it's done.

    By Blogger Mary Johnson, at 1/24/2006 09:02:00 PM  

  • yup that tree fabric is pretty ugly - but I could see some artsy person using it to chop up in landscape quilts and making it work. I loved your husband's comment!

    But you know, the front isn't that bad!

    By Blogger Quilts And Pieces, at 1/25/2006 06:08:00 AM  

  • I think they "go together" the blue in the top pulls the blue from the yardage....

    I actually like the green "trees" I can see it as the background for a scrap quilt that is predominanatly orange, red, and purple..... Kind of like parrots in the jungle (only abstract)!

    By Blogger The Calico Cat, at 1/25/2006 07:24:00 AM  

  • Maybe I have bad taste but I've never met a fabric I didn't like :) LOL I happen to like that fabric and that quilt! They have "voice".

    By Blogger Holly, at 1/26/2006 03:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home