Sunshine Quilts

Monday, January 23, 2006

Bonnie Browning's New Borders & Finishing Touches Book

This is Bonnie Browning's brand new Borders & Finishing Touches 2 book. My copy just came in the mail . . just 5 minutes ago. So I haven't had time to look through it in depth but I'm so excited. My Glistening Rose Garden quilt is in there and it has a FULL page picture, as well as four more pages of instructions for the pieced border and the feather quilting design I had drafted. It looks like a fantastic book. From glancing through, she has quite a few tips for binding treatments and the back says there are over 175 how-to photographs, 18 border patterns and the windmill-twisted log cabin (like Tracey made) is in the book. So, when you see it, grab it and look at page 53. Then you can smile and think of me pinching myself to see if this is real! I am so lucky to have been at the right place at the right time and to be able to stay at home and quilt all day. Hardly a day goes by that I don't think to myself that I could be dressed up, working in an office at a 9-5 job, trying to squeeze in time for my family and my hobby and hoping for a few minutes for myself. Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting down having a 9-5 job if that's right for you but it isn't what I wanted. I am living my dream! Judy L.

12 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy, at 1/23/2006 01:06:00 PM  

  • Congrats Judy! How exciting to see some of your hard work in this book - OK - that is what my 1st post said. I deleted it to add the next part... - (didn't realize the board would show I deleted the first message - next time I will just add a 2nd one!)

    The quilt is truly beautiful and I love the feathered quilting - the corner feathers are really nicely done - I never can figure out how to go around corners.

    Cheers!

    Evelyn

    By Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy, at 1/23/2006 01:10:00 PM  

  • I will have to look for the book. I'm in a border rut right now anyway and am looking for books and quilts to get some ideas from.

    By Blogger Mary Johnson, at 1/23/2006 01:37:00 PM  

  • I am with you ! Staying home is great. Get to sew all day if you want, no boss looking over your shoulder, breaks when you want.
    I can't wait to find the book and see my famous friends quilt in there

    By Blogger Patty, at 1/23/2006 04:56:00 PM  

  • Congrats, Judy -- I'll be sure to look for the book! You must be on cloud 9 -- deservedly so.

    By Blogger Joanne, at 1/23/2006 05:21:00 PM  

  • WOOHOO Judy!!! That is awesome! I will definitely look for this book!
    Hugs
    Laurie

    By Blogger Laurie, at 1/23/2006 07:01:00 PM  

  • I will gladly add this book to my collection Judy, and how cool that your quilt is in it! very exciting!

    By Blogger Cher, at 1/23/2006 07:43:00 PM  

  • Congratulations, Judy! That quilt is just gorgeous, I love the way you quilted it. You have such a wonderful talent...I'm glad you share it with us!

    By Blogger Carolyn, at 1/24/2006 05:12:00 AM  

  • Love it all, and thanks for telling us the book is OUT!

    By Blogger Quiltgranny, at 1/24/2006 07:00:00 AM  

  • Congratulations on getting published! And lucky you getting to stay home all day and quilt.

    By Blogger Laura, at 1/24/2006 09:43:00 AM  

  • Congratulations Judy!!! How wonderful to have you quilt in this new book. Probably a book many of us could put to good use..LOL. And a full page picture..wow!! High Fives for this accomplishment..you deserve lots of credit...it's a tough world out there.

    Had to giggle about your ugly quilt...it's NOT so bad, kind of reminds me of some of the old ones with the poison green...LOL. I agree, great backing for that particular quilt!

    By Blogger Finn, at 1/24/2006 03:02:00 PM  

  • Oh I remember seeing that Glistening Rose Garden on your webshots page! I loved that quilt and LOVED the quilting on it! Now I'm going to have to add a new book to my list of ones to get! Thanks for the info!

    By Blogger Quilts And Pieces, at 1/25/2006 06:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home