Sunshine Quilts

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Not sure about quilting plan

I'm trying to come up with a plan for quilting the purple/yellow quilt. I thought I knew what I wanted to do but now I think it looks kinda squashed. I practiced on an ecru on ecru piece using yellow thread so it would show up but on the real quilt, I'll use yellow thread on yellow fabric and I'm thinking the design is just too small and isn't going to show up. My other option is to do something using a variegated pink/purple thread, draft a curve and do some free motion leaves kinda like I did on this black stack & whack quilt. Sure got good results with this one! Any thoughts? Thanks! Judy L.

4 Comments:

  • Judy,
    I say don't do the design if you aren't happy with it. I agree it looks kinda mushed. If you did the leaves would you McTavish the background too? That would be better than the yellow thread one.

    I also like the idea of a variegated thread. I'd do better with a pic of the real quilt! LOL
    Hugs
    Laurie

    By Blogger Laurie, at 12/08/2005 01:56:00 PM  

  • Judy, I'm just so impressed with your quilting skills! I think variegated thread would be a good choice for this quilt...it will the eye a design to follow and give the quilt some movement. I like the leaves you did on the black...they would be a nice addition. Of course, whatever you do will be wonderful!

    By Blogger Carolyn, at 12/08/2005 05:59:00 PM  

  • Your work is beautiful, Judy. I do like the sublteness of the ecru piece. But the feather seems to overpower the flower. Could you do the flower larger with the feather smaller?

    By Blogger Deb Geyer, at 12/09/2005 05:34:00 AM  

  • I vote for the variegated thread, and I love your eye for detail. I'll wait with excitement to see what you fnally decide!

    By Blogger Quiltgranny, at 12/09/2005 04:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home