Sunshine Quilts

Friday, December 16, 2005

More Goals Met & Another Stash Quilt

This week has gone by so quickly! If you're watching my December goals over on the sidebar, you'll see I'm zipping right along! Just one more on the December list but I have two that needed to be added to January which probably means some from January will have to move to February. Everything will get done (I hope!). Here's another stash top that's almost done. This is not the layout but I made all the star blocks first. I needed 6 yards or more (can't remember) of a background and I just didn't have anything that would work. I had fabric spread out all over this house. I was beginning to confuse myself . . which isn't hard to do. But I like the combination I came up with. This is totally not what I normally would use. There's no purple and no green!! But it all came out of the stash and that's a very good thing! Looks like Chad is going to pass Algebra 2 with a "D". Amazing that he scores in the 85 - 90 percentile in math on the standardized tests and he took Algebra I twice and Algebra II twice and is going to make a "D" the second time (which is what he made the first time he took it). One semester left til graduation so I sure hope Algebra III doesn't take two semesters. Maybe it will not be so windy tomorrow and I can get some good pix of the five quilts I've finished this week. Most just needed binding but two did get quilting and binding. Sleep . . ahhhh, I could sleep for a week! But there's no time for that right now . . Judy

10 Comments:

  • Judy, I love this one. Is it a pattern that will be in your book? The colors are beautiful. I can't believe how much you've accomplished this week! I'm still sewing the binding on the log cabin quilt...seems to take forever, although I did get to watch a movie while I did the first two sides. Now back to binding for me!

    By Blogger Carolyn, at 12/16/2005 05:23:00 PM  

  • Judy,
    I know how hard it is to make a quilt like this...BORING! LOL...but it is pretty! You did a good job! No wonder I haven't "talked" to you much this week...you've been drowning in quilting!!!! ;) SUPER JOB as always!
    Hugs
    Laurie

    By Blogger Laurie, at 12/16/2005 05:30:00 PM  

  • I love simple quilts like this,. It looks also christmas to me. I think in a pile with busy quilts this quilt is so peacefull

    By Blogger Lucy, at 12/17/2005 01:30:00 AM  

  • I know exactly why Chad is passing with a D...the classes are BORING! It's the same reason Jeff is struggling. He does great on the tests, but the homework either doesn't get done, or is incomplete because he can't make his mind understand why they have to do lame stuff (like homework! AUGH!) over and over. I try to tell him to just DO IT...but you can't make them care. :c/

    I love your star quilt, and congrats on getting so much done off of your list! I want to know how you quilted your happy houses, I haven't quilted mine yet. Ideas?

    Bonnie

    By Blogger Bonnie K. Hunter, at 12/17/2005 05:01:00 AM  

  • The red is great! And the background looks just right!

    By Blogger  Jeanne, at 12/17/2005 07:46:00 AM  

  • Looking good Judy!! I'm very impressed with all that you have accomplished in December...you've got it together girl!! Keep cruising along and you'll have that stash whipped in no time..*VBS*

    By Blogger Finn, at 12/17/2005 11:55:00 AM  

  • Judy,
    Wow! You are really on a roll. I just wish I could be so productive! I love this quilt!

    I also want to ask you if you got my email about our mutual friend, Sandy.

    Keep quilting,
    Marilyn

    By Blogger Marilyn, at 12/17/2005 12:31:00 PM  

  • I agree with Bonnie - Algebra is boring! I struggled with Algebra and Geometry. I was going to flunk geometry, but my teacher saw my doodles of quilt blocks on the margins of my papers. She asked me about them and I brought in some works in progress to show her. She asked me to demonstrate a diagonal setting and then the setting squares and corner triangles. I knew how to do this (before all the super fance rulers we have now!). So, I passed! Now I have to wonder, was she a fellow quilter? I had the concept down, but unless I had something to apply it to, it just didn't make sense on the tests.

    Well, as my Mother used to say - just please pass all your math classes so you can graduate. When you own your own business someday, hire a good accountant. I graduated. I have a good accountant!

    Cheers!

    Evelyn

    By Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy, at 12/18/2005 04:10:00 AM  

  • Nice stars - can't wait to see the layout! (Great backgound... its amazing what is hinding in our stashes...)

    By Blogger The Calico Cat, at 12/19/2005 07:42:00 AM  

  • Ohhhh! I love these colors and blocks! I can't wait to see how they are going to be set. You know if your really sad that they are not purple and green I really could take them off your hands! :)

    By Blogger Quilts And Pieces, at 12/20/2005 06:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home