Sunshine Quilts

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Ipods, Music & Books

First, I don't know what's wrong with the blog ring. Seems to be a problem with the webring group and it isn't just the stashquilts group. If you click on "next" or "list" or whatever, it just isn't working. I guess we'll wait and see what happens. Many have asked questions about the Ipod and books on tape that I mentioned the other day so I'll try to answer a bunch of the questions here. When I bought the Ipod a year or maybe 2 years ago, I had planned to buy a small Ipod for myself. This was before the Shuffle and Nano. I called Apple and because they were changing something cosmetic with the 60 GB Ipod Photo, they had a special. I think I was able to get it for less than I was going to get the 20 GB for and I think they had an extra discount if you bought a second one so I bought Chad and Vince one too. Can't remember all the details but I bought three of them and they were a great price. Chad and I love ours. Vince has never taken his out of the box. I download music for .99 each from I-tunes or I download books on tape. Our local library is affiliated with some national organization and I can download books in MP3 format there but they have very few books. I pay something like $22/month from Audible.com and get 2 credits per month there. Most books are 1 credit so I get 2 books a month and can buy more if I want. If you sign up for Audible, tell them I sent you. I might get a free book or something! Since I spend so much time at the longarm and can't really hear anything with the machine running, I have cordless headphones that are hooked into my computer. Here are the options I have via the computer:

  • We have XM Radio so I can listen to radio online. That includes news, lots of talk shows, investment info, religious programming and more music channels than I'd ever need.
  • I can put a CD in my computer and listen to that.
  • Before we had XM, I listened to Live 365 online. You can find all kinds of radio stations on there.
If you have more questions, just ask. Judy

5 Comments:

  • Thanks for the information on the webring. I thought it was my computer. I'm glad to know that it is someone else's problem! Hope it gets fixed soon.

    By Blogger Bonnie, at 7/25/2006 06:01:00 PM  

  • I love my Ipod and iTunes but haven't tried listening to books on it. I booked the Audible site and may try it out when things settle down.

    I've got to replace my Ipod because Keith broke mine when he borrowed it after breaking his (dropped it too many times when hiking). I really missed it in the car on this trip to Mom's last week.

    By Blogger Mary Johnson, at 7/25/2006 07:35:00 PM  

  • I've never gotten around to getting an Ipod, I settle for dvd's on my computer... may have to explore a little further soon...

    By Blogger quiltpixie, at 7/25/2006 08:17:00 PM  

  • I don't have an Ipod or anything like that. I have a cd player in my studio, and piles of cds. My problem is the TV-I keep it on while at the longarm and I know I'm losing productivity.
    I can't listen to books, I've tried. I have to read the actual pages. Same thing in church-I have to read the scripture, I don't absorb it just by listening.

    By Blogger Eileen, at 7/26/2006 05:07:00 AM  

  • Wow, cordless headphones. We have XM radio -- now I can listen while I'm sewing. I have an mp3 player, but have never downloaded from the internet, just transfer my own cd's to make them more portable. Audible.com sounds interesting. Thanks for the info ...

    By Blogger Libby, at 7/26/2006 07:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home