Sunshine Quilts

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of July

I hope you all have a happy and safe 4th of July. It's a quiet one around here. Vince and Chad were both off just for today so we stayed home and will enjoy the peace and quiet. We'll grill burgers this afternoon, a cheesecake is in the oven. There's also a cold watermelon in the fridge. We surely won't be hungry! :) Thought I'd share a couple of patriotic quilts that were handy to photograph. The first is from a Fons & Porter Love of Quilting magazine from probably five years ago. It's obviously a quick quilt to make and great for using some blue and background scraps. As simple as it is, I like this quilt a lot. The guild here taught this as a workshop and I've taught this class at least once so there are a bunch of these quilts around town. This second one was my entry for the Moda Challenge a few years ago when they had the packet of neutrals that had to be used. The center is paper pieced and the rest of the blocks are my standard nine patch variation type blocks. I'd be lost without the nine patch! Judy L.

18 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home