Sunshine Quilts

Friday, July 07, 2006

Thank you, Mr. Weatherman!

What a wonderful few days we've had and look at the forecast for next week! Not a single day over 90. Is it really mid-July? Have I said lately that I really, really, really hate summer? Last night after dark I was out with shorts on and it was just a bit cool. I think our low was about 54 or 58. In fact, I got up during the night and turned the ceiling fan off. Please let it stay this way til October! Oh, my! I just looked at the 10 day forecast for Lake Charles and it's going to be cooler there than here. Amazing! Today I went to my friend Becky's house and we picked green beans, corn, peppers, zucchini, cucumbers and potatoes. Becky actually did more picking than Judy did! :) I had fresh corn and potatoes for dinner tonight. Boiled them with the crawfish boil . . too bad I was lacking the crawfish! I smoked 4 chickens today. My little smoker was stuffed to the gills with chicken! Also made two loaves of bread and took Becky 2 chickens and a loaf of bread. I'll trade chicken and bread any day for fresh veggies. She didn't expect anything in return . . she's such a sweet lady! The manuscript is almost ready to send off, quilts remain to be quilted but I'm feeling really good about my deadlines. No weekend plans. We're still talking about that log house. I wish someone else would hurry up and buy it so we can stop saying . . if only it wasn't so far out .. if only we could get DSL there . . if only we were happy with the house we have! :( Judy

14 Comments:

  • Those veggies sound wonderful! Heck, I'd trade you food for garden goods any day!

    By Blogger Vicky, at 7/07/2006 10:20:00 PM  

  • Isn't that smoker wonderful? It makes the BEST food!
    I'm with you, fresh veggies... yum!

    Is satellite really that much more expensive than DSL? I don't know what DSL runs, our satellite is $59 per month, and I believe Wilblue is less expensive... you might check into them.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/08/2006 04:38:00 AM  

  • glad to hear the deadlines aren't feeling overwhelming. Hope the house sorts soon for you

    By Blogger quiltpixie, at 7/08/2006 05:14:00 AM  

  • so what time should I come over for dinner? :)

    By Blogger Shelina, at 7/08/2006 08:28:00 AM  

  • I'm glad to hear it's cooling off for you that means it might be even cooler for us up near Chicago! I'm with you... I don't like the heat of summer. But I guess we have to put up with it to get the fresh veggies....ours are just about ready for picking, not quite yet, but did buy fresh corn at the market today. Good luck with your house decision.

    By Blogger Maureen and P.D. the Pet Dog, at 7/08/2006 01:56:00 PM  

  • All that food sounds so good. I also visited your blog with the recipes. Those bread recipes make my mouth water.
    Deadline for? Are you doing a book?

    By Blogger Bonnie, at 7/08/2006 04:46:00 PM  

  • It was beautiful here in Georgia today too - we did a 10 mile hike and unlike last week when I almost had a heart attack in the 100 degree heat - it was much cooler.

    By Blogger Mary Johnson, at 7/08/2006 07:11:00 PM  

  • Thank you for sending the beautiful weather up the east coast. It's been beautiful here the past couple of days, clear and not humid.
    I'd love to get one of those smokers, but right now we're focusing on redoing our downstairs bathroom and getting some new doors.
    If you bought the house, would you consolidate your 2 houses into one?

    I applied to the blog group, and got the reply email. What do I do now?

    By Blogger Eileen, at 7/09/2006 07:45:00 AM  

  • We have some wonderfull weather here and I am glad we have it as rain all the time isn't fun.
    I am very bad at deadlines and give them myself all the time.

    By Blogger Judith, at 7/09/2006 11:18:00 AM  

  • I love hearing about your cooking. When you post your recipes, it inspires me to cook. It's exciting that your book is all coming together, I know your work is wonderful so I'll going to buy one for sure!
    *hugs*
    Tazzie
    :-)

    By Blogger Tazzie, at 7/09/2006 06:04:00 PM  

  • Judy,
    just checking in to say hi!
    hugs
    laurie

    By Blogger Laurie, at 7/09/2006 08:29:00 PM  

  • We use satelite for our internet here and it is not much more than our dial up was but MUCH MUCH faster. Wish the log house would work out for you.

    By Blogger Joyce, at 7/10/2006 05:00:00 AM  

  • I didn't think anyone despised summer as much as me! Unfortunately it's 95 here in sweltering Virginia and with the humidity it alwasy feels 10 degrees hotter and sweatier!

    By Blogger Judy, at 7/11/2006 07:44:00 AM  

  • You are making me hungry!

    Satellite has really came down in price in our area. We can't get DSL (too rural) but have really been considering satellite lately.

    By Blogger Laura, at 7/11/2006 09:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home