Sunshine Quilts

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Home Sweet Home

I'm back home and while it feels good to be here, my heart is in Louisiana. I left mom and dad standing in the garage sobbing. When I left was the first time they've been alone since the accident and I know it's tough on them. I wish I could've stayed longer but Chad has to report to Kroger tomorrow and I have deadlines to meet. My life seems to be ruled by deadlines these days. I had told Vince when I finished the book, I wanted to get away for a whole week and that's what I did but it surely wasn't the kind of trip I had planned. The flights home were fairly uneventful or I should say they were as uneventful as flights on prop planes can be on cloudy days. I should learn that Corky's BBQ and carbonated drinks are not what I should consume before getting on those little planes. We had to walk halfway across the airport to get on the plane in Lafayette and it was pouring so we were all totally drenched when we got on the plane. I was in the first seat by the door and despite the flight attendant's best efforts at wiping the door, every time the plane turned one direction, water poured onto my leg so I was doubly drenched by the time I got off that plane. Not complaining though. It was still way better than driving. My dad is so funny. He thinks it is so quick for me to make quilts. The guy who owns the wrecker service that picked up Daniel's car has been a friend of dad's for years. In fact, his son has now taken over the business and Randy was so kind and helpful to dad during this time. Dad said "I want you to make a quilt for Randy's wife. She's so nice!" Yes, sir. I will get right on that! Dad will find out her favorite color and a quilt for Randy's wife has been added to my "to do list". Judy

15 Comments:

  • glad your back safe... hang in there.

    By Blogger quiltpixie, at 7/23/2006 08:49:00 PM  

  • Judy,
    Glad to hear you and Chad are back safely. I understand about your heart being in LA...MAJOR HUGS here.
    Laurie

    By Blogger Laurie, at 7/23/2006 10:24:00 PM  

  • Welcome home - good to see you back.

    By Blogger Hanne, at 7/23/2006 10:31:00 PM  

  • You mean you can't just whip up a quilt overnight? LOL
    Seriously, welcome home. Take some time to breathe.

    By Blogger Eileen, at 7/24/2006 05:45:00 AM  

  • Welcome home, Judy!

    By Blogger sewprimitive karen, at 7/24/2006 05:48:00 AM  

  • Welcome home, much comfort for you and your family.

    By Blogger Gail, at 7/24/2006 06:00:00 AM  

  • So happy that you had an uneventful trip home. You need some quiet time, quilty time, now to allow your heart to start the healing process.

    (((HUGS))

    By Blogger Vicky, at 7/24/2006 06:13:00 AM  

  • Good that you and Chad are home--as you said not the type of vacation that anyone would chose. It is hard to do the goodbye scene anytime but harder on all of you in view of the circumstances.

    By Blogger Linda C, at 7/24/2006 06:27:00 AM  

  • Glad to hear you had a safe trip.I know it was so hard when I had to leave my mom after every visit.It's a good thing your parents still have each other.

    By Blogger Marlublu, at 7/24/2006 07:19:00 AM  

  • Glad to hear you had a safe trip.I know it was so hard when I had to leave my mom after every visit.It's a good thing your parents still have each other.

    By Blogger Marlublu, at 7/24/2006 07:19:00 AM  

  • Glad you're home safe and sound.

    By Blogger tami, at 7/24/2006 08:09:00 AM  

  • Happy for the safe trip home. It will be very tough for your parents, but eventually they will get better. No way to do that than just going through it unfortunately.

    By Blogger Judy, at 7/24/2006 01:46:00 PM  

  • That is funny about your dad. For me, getting a quilt churned out takes forever. But when people find out that I quilt, they always ask "Would you be interested in making a quilt for me?"

    I always politely decline, citing four children that take up too much time. Funny though what people's preceptions are.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7/24/2006 01:47:00 PM  

  • welcome back Judy.

    By Blogger Shelina, at 7/24/2006 04:54:00 PM  

  • The picture of your parents standing in the garage is devastating. We lost our teenage son 2 years ago, (the youngest of our 6 and the last one at home) and those first days after everyone leaves is the worst of the worst. Stay close, talk, talk, talk and listen listen listen. Most of all, trust God to lead you all thru this. You have just become the most precious thing on earth to your parents and they need you like never before and like they never will again. You and yours are in my prayers.

    By Blogger SuBee, at 7/25/2006 08:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home