Sunshine Quilts

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Circle Lord for the Longarm

Vince and I were talking this week about all the lack of customer service. It makes me crazy when I call somewhere and can't talk to a human. I'm always really quick to fire off an e-mail or make a phone call when I feel like I've had bad service and I try to do the same thing when I've had excellent service although I'm never quite so fired up about sending that "great service" e-mail as I am when I've had bad service. But, for those of you who do not have longarm machines, you've probably gotten sick of hearing about the Baptist Fans template and the Circle Lord set up we use. Michael and Kay are the best! (and I'm not getting anything for saying this!) But here's my little story about them. Back in probably late 2003 I decided I needed the Circle Lord so I bought it. At the time I had the APQS Ult. I and because of the setup, the machine had to be raised by adding a few washers here and there. Just the thought of messing with the machine scares me to death so I never installed it. Every 5 or 6 months, I'd decide to do it. I'd write Michael an e-mail and say "I'm going to do it!" and he'd promptly (like within 10 minutes) write back with an encouraging note and say "let me know if you have any questions". Once I even got so close that I looked for all the supplies and I was missing something that I had originally had so I let Michael know and he promptly sent me another whatever it was. I'm sure he thought the Circle Lord would never get installed on my machine. In July, 04 I switched to the Millennium so I again wrote Michael and told him of my change. I think he might have sent me something else to make it work with the Millennium but still I didn't install it. In December, 04, we got 22 inches of snow and we were stuck for 6 days in the house. For part of that time, the satellite dish was covered in snow and not working so we had no TV. For part of that time, the antenna for the internet was covered in snow and not working so we had no internet. Good grief . . what can you do for 6 days with no TV and no internet? Hey . . I know! Install the Circle Lord (which took all of 5 minutes) but then I had a new toy so I was able to make circles while Vince twiddled his thumbs til he decided to brave the elements and figure out how to get the snow off the internet antenna and satellite dish. There has never been a time when I've written to Michael, that I didn't get a response within 10 minutes. The Circle Lord is an excellent product . . it fits, it works, it isn't hard to figure out, it isn't hard to use. If every company had half the customer service and business integrity of Circle Lord, doing business would be a pleasure and the world would be a happier place. And, now they have a blog! Check it out - Circle Lord Blog. Judy L.

9 Comments:

  • Judy, I love this post as I can so relate to delaying installing something because you think it is too hard etc! I have put off many things only to have the same result as you-five minutes and what was the big deal? LOL...nice to hear your positive experience!

    By Blogger Cher, at 3/04/2006 08:45:00 AM  

  • I relate, too, Judy. I've got about a hundred things around here that I'm too chicken to try to figure out! I'm sure they would all be 5-minute tasks! LOL

    By Blogger Vicky, at 3/04/2006 08:53:00 AM  

  • Judy, I'm almost set to order my circle lord, just waiting to hear back from them.
    Oh and I usually start setting things up and using them as soon as they arrive. I love the challenge I guess, like setting up my Millie by myself.
    Wendy

    By Blogger Wendy's Quilting, at 3/04/2006 09:33:00 AM  

  • Judy,
    I agree with you! Michael and Kay are the BEST BEST BEST!!! I was goin to return my CL and Michael said no one has ever returned it! LOL...He put Kay on and she said do you like to do feathers? I said yep...she said use it for the circles on feathered wreaths then! Well, OK...the rest is history! I have done lots with it....have a customer quilt waiting for circles!
    Hugs
    Laurie

    By Blogger Laurie, at 3/04/2006 11:39:00 AM  

  • Thanks for the link to the CL blog. I've visited and commented. Michael and Kay are wonderful. I met them at MQX last year...I ordered a template from them and they brought it to the show for me to pick up! My daughter was with us and Kay remembered her name, made note of it and asked about her when we next corresponded. Now THAT'S customer service! *Carolyn

    By Blogger Carolyn, at 3/04/2006 01:49:00 PM  

  • What a great story. It's so refreshing to find someone who really cares about their business so much! Thanks for sharing!

    By Blogger Quiltgranny, at 3/05/2006 07:51:00 AM  

  • That's great news to hear about the Circle Lord people, Judy. I've heard it from other longarmers as well.

    I don't have one...YET! It's a big investment...so I guess that's why I'm so slow in getting one.

    Did you have a Hartley Fence? I have one...and have heard that the CL is much more user-friendly. That would be a good thing!

    By Blogger Darcie, at 3/05/2006 08:13:00 AM  

  • Why is it, something you put off doing always ends up taking no time at all. Then you had all that worrying for nothing! That is what always happens to me!!!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3/05/2006 12:24:00 PM  

  • Hi Judy, Well, you had already left MQS but not only did Mary Beth get a Circle Lord but both she and Linda (Ramona) talked me into buying one also. Sooooooo before I left K.C. I made the investment and it will be delivered next week......I can't wait....YIPPEE!!!! I will let you know how it works for me. I sure enjoyed meeting you....it was a great time!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/14/2007 06:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home