Sunshine Quilts

Monday, February 27, 2006

Clean Car

You may think having a clean car isn't worthy of a blog entry but considering how often I wash my car, it's almost an historic event! This isn't really my car but just a picture of one exactly like mine. I actually love this little Honda CRV and if I had to buy a car today (I don't, thank goodness!), I'd probably get a new one just like it. We bought it new in 2001 and it will be 5 years old next month and I think I have 35,000 miles on it. If it weren't for trips to NY and Vermont, 4 or 5 trips to Louisiana, a couple of trips to Georgia, I'd hardly have any miles on it at all. I really like staying home! :) I'm not much into vehicles (except for that old Mustang I really want!). I'm real happy if it starts, stops, the a/c works and I can go for weeks without seeing that needle get towards the "E" mark. My personal goal is to use less than 3 gallons of gas per week and I usually have no trouble meeting that goal unless I make a trip to the quilt shop. I try to make sure the car gets washed at least once a year, usually in the spring after they've stopped using salt and whatever they use on the roads. Sadly, I never got around to washing the car last year. Isn't that awful! The other day when we were expecting snow, I was right behind the salt truck so I figured it was about time to wash the car but it's a bit chilly to do it myself outside with the hose, rag, etc. I guess because I get so little experience, it seems I can't wash the car without getting myself soaking wet. We have a new car wash not far from the house and I had to run to Fed Ex today. The weather is pretty nice so I decided to gather up my quarters and stop by for a car wash. What a shock! They don't even take quarters but dollars and credit cards! This is one of those car washes where you sit in your car and drive through . . not one where the workers come out and actually do the work. What's the world coming to? I feel so old! Every day I see a little more of my grandmother in myself! I used to go to the car wash, put in $1 in quarters and get a clean car so I figured $2 would be more than enough. No! $9 for a car wash and that doesn't include anything for the inside. I can do that home (probably won't but I could!) On the quilting front, thanks to all who have sent encouraging words to me. I made a list last night of what I've done in the last 6 months and what I have to do by my August deadline. I think I'll make it. And the best news is . . I thought today was the last day of February but I do have one more day. Hmmmm, wonder if that means that I need to add an extra day to my countdown til we go to Louisiana?? Judy

6 Comments:

  • OMG, Judy, I don't feel so badly now for seldom washing my QuiltMobile! I only wash it when the our CEO starts frowning at it! Thankfully he's semi-retired, so that's only two or three times a year! Congrats on getting that annual task accomplished!!! Check, check!!

    By Blogger Vicky, at 2/27/2006 01:32:00 PM  

  • I have to say that when it comes to washing my car I acually miss my stepsons! I get round to it every time I change the oil...all done in one spot!

    Sio

    By Blogger YankeeQuilter, at 2/27/2006 03:30:00 PM  

  • if you want, you can come wash mine : )
    I thought when it rained, it meant your car was washed. Now after reading your blog, I think there is some other way to get a car cleaned. Hummmm, have to tell my husband about that now.

    By Blogger Patty, at 2/27/2006 06:21:00 PM  

  • i have a honda crv too!!! it's my favorite type car i have ever owned. i'm on my third. i traded in my '97 in june for a brand new 2005. then got another in july after mine was totalled 5 days after i got it by a guy going about 65 on the highway who thought slowing down for construction didn't actually apply to him.

    By Blogger tami, at 2/27/2006 06:36:00 PM  

  • LOLOL Judy...a clean car that you hardly ride in...why waste the money??? Spend it on fabric! LOL
    Hugs
    Laurie

    By Blogger Laurie, at 2/27/2006 08:54:00 PM  

  • Judy -

    We drive the same car! I too have a silver CRV but mine is a 2002. I love it! It is just the right size and is relatively easy on the gas.

    The funny thing is that my dream car is an old mustang too! Maybe about a 1967 - cherry red, convertible. That's not too much to ask for is it?

    Sarah

    By Blogger Sarah, at 3/01/2006 05:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home