Sunshine Quilts

Friday, January 20, 2006

I'm a copycat!

First, Bonnie got the Baptist Fan template and then I got it. I had been wanting it and couldn't decide if I really should get it but then when Bonnie did, I knew I needed it too. Speck approves! Now it has to be washed before I can send it. He's giving me that look . . just try to make me move! Dachshunds have such funny personalities. Anyway, this is a quilt top I made using the pattern for the January/February lotto blocks from an online group. I hope to get it bound this weekend. I am now loading a quilt of my own that has been needing to be quilted for at least 4 years. I'm going to do the Baptist Fans on it too. Then Patty goes and shares her cinnamon roll recipe and I made those tonight. Oh, these are the BEST cinnamon rolls I have ever made! This picture was before I put the icing on. If you like cinnamon rolls, you should check out Patty's recipe. Or . . if you're like me and you love cinnamon rolls but need to lose weight, maybe you should NOT look at Patty's recipe. So, my fellow bloggers, will you please STOP! I do everything you all do! I either have to stop reading your blogs or I have to exercise more self-control. :) And, the good news is . . I decided to call the lodge where I stay in Paducah for the quilt show to see if they were taking reservations yet for 2007. They're already full! Can you believe it? I know . . no one is surprised but me. But, then I talked to my favorite person who works there, Randy, and he said they had rooms at the little hotel across the street. I've stayed there before and it's great so I got a room there for 2007 and then I asked about 2008 and was able to get a room back at the main lodge! Am I lucky, or what? Judy L.

8 Comments:

  • Oh they look good Judy, this week I will take a picture of me on the treadmill running off the cinnamon rolls

    By Blogger Patty, at 1/20/2006 08:05:00 PM  

  • ROFL Patty! I printed out that recipe too, Judy...I hope to make them this weekend. Yours looks yummy too!
    Speck definitely is giving you the 'just try and make me move' look. :oP Sadie usually gives me more of a "but, do I HAFTA move" look. Yeah...the sympathy thing always wins out with me. What would we do without our little furry quilting buddies?
    Love the fans!!

    By Blogger Tracey, at 1/21/2006 05:28:00 AM  

  • Ye sI read the read the recipe too from Patty and need definately try to make the!! Yours are looking great :c)

    By Blogger Lucy, at 1/21/2006 07:09:00 AM  

  • Funny, I "knew" you "needed" the fan template....

    By Blogger The Calico Cat, at 1/21/2006 09:00:00 AM  

  • I think you will get lots of good use out of that fan template - it looks like such a nice size and from Bonnie's description - sounds much more time efficient than the traditional Baptist Fan. A timeless quilting design that will look great on so many different quilts! Another old-fashioned one I like is the clamshell - not sure if you have that one too, but the fan one definately is great!

    Cheers!

    Evelyn

    By Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy, at 1/21/2006 01:37:00 PM  

  • I love the Baptist fans - I think MY husband would die if I spent the money to buy the template just for my own quilting but I'm really tempted.

    I'm also tempted by the cinnamon buns but I've been really good on my first week on Weight Watchers. Monday night I'll find out if it's helping.

    By Blogger Mary Johnson, at 1/21/2006 06:41:00 PM  

  • Oh my gosh those cinnamon rolls look like they are to die for! Ok, I'm going to get that recipe- even though I shouldn't!!!!

    By Blogger Quilts And Pieces, at 1/25/2006 06:15:00 AM  

  • Oh my they look wonderful! I am going to have to make these! My family loves cinnamon rolls! Thank you so much!

    By Blogger Quilts And Pieces, at 1/25/2006 06:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home