Sunshine Quilts

Friday, March 10, 2006

So Few Pictures

This is a feathered wreath on Deb's nine patch. I love making feathers! I still have it on the machine because if I mist the blue marks while the quilt is still tight on the machine, it doesn't shrink (cotton batting) so I leave it on there til all the marks are gone. Using the blue marker is a last resort but sometimes I have to do it. Amy suggested I post more pix. I've almost stopped taking pictures of customer quilts because as we moved more furniture from the other house to this house, I ended up with no place to take a picture without a sofa or chair in front of it. I can get a decent picture outside but that's really more time consuming than it's worth. And, I can only take the quilts outside if the weather is good and then I fear what a passing bird might do over the quilt! :( And, I should get permission before posting a picture of a customer's quilt and then I normally wouldn't post a picture here before the customer sees the quilt. If I'm shipping it off to the customer, it usually takes 5 days or so for the quilt to get there and by that time, I've forgotten all about posting a picture. Another thing that bothers me about posting pictures of other people's quilts . . and where do you draw the line . . but, if it's a quilt made from a copyrighted pattern, am I supposed to get permission from the designer before posting a picture of the quilt? In theory, I think I should get permission. In the least, I think I should acknowledge the pattern name and designer and therefore, I've just chosen to not post many pictures of quilts done by others. Having said all that, here's a picture of another quilt I did this week. I was taking a picture of the trays Vince made me to share with other longarmers who were wanting to get their DH to make some. The quilt happens to be in the background because it's what I was quilting on earlier this week. Actually, this lady had two exactly alike so I don't know if this was the first one or the second one I did. Finally, during the storm last night, we had roof damage (house in the country) and ended up with a pretty nasty leak in the master bedroom ceiling. I just hate it when the ceiling gets damaged . . it's so hard to fix! But, the good news is . . let's see, I'm sure there is good news! Oh, yes, the good news is that is the only room upstairs that doesn't have a wall paper border around the ceiling so we won't have to deal with a border when painting the ceiling in there. The bad news is that there seems to have been lots of roof damage last night and the roofers are all tied up. Our roofer told Vince he would try to get there by Monday. We're going to have to get a whole new roof but for now, we need to keep the rain out. Vince had some shingles left over from the roof in town (even though they're brown and the other house is gray) and he was going to try to tack them up there himself this afternoon but he said it was too steep and he didn't feel comfortable getting up there. Not sure what he's going to do but he'll come up with something. And, the weather forecast isn't looking very hopeful for keeping the bedroom dry! Judy L.

8 Comments:

  • Judy, I hate to hear that you've got roof/rain damage. That's always such a pain in the patooty to deal with.

    I'm always in awe when I see a quilt loaded on a longarm. The feathers are beautiful!!

    By Blogger Vicky, at 3/10/2006 05:04:00 PM  

  • those feathers are wonderful looking-roof leaks-what a nightmare! Sorry to hear about that happening...hope Vince figures out something he is comfortable doing to prevent more water coming in!

    By Blogger Cher, at 3/10/2006 05:36:00 PM  

  • Judy,
    I echo Vicky and Cher...bummer but gorgeous feathers!
    Hugs
    Laurie

    By Blogger Laurie, at 3/10/2006 07:19:00 PM  

  • If you're going to have water damage better a bedroom roof than your studio! -- not much consolation though huh? :-)

    By Blogger quiltpixie, at 3/11/2006 06:07:00 AM  

  • The feathers look great. I love quilting feather wreaths.

    I understand what you're saying about customer quilts but as far as the designer goes, I post pictures of quilts I make and don't always have the designer listed. Of course when I do use a pattern I'm usually making a lot of changes. Thanks to EQ5 I'm actually the designer of most of my quilts.

    By Blogger Mary Johnson, at 3/11/2006 05:12:00 PM  

  • Love the feathers. Gosh wish we lived closer. Emery and Steven are good at roofing, they have had lots of experince since this house has been built on and on and on

    By Blogger Patty, at 3/11/2006 09:13:00 PM  

  • I like how you swiggled through the 9-patches - never would have known about that... (& The feathered wreath)

    Sorry to hear about the roof leaks - that is why we are going to Australia now - becasue that money wil be set aside for roof leaks and such later...

    By Blogger The Calico Cat, at 3/13/2006 11:16:00 AM  

  • I love the feather quilting! Very beautiful!

    La Tea Dah
    http://www.gracioushospitality.blogsot.com

    By Blogger La Tea Dah, at 3/17/2006 06:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home