Sunshine Quilts

Friday, February 17, 2006

Sick Boy

Remember the barefeet in the snow? He's now sick! He's sitting in his room, which is about 10 degrees warmer than the rest of the house and he's freezing, has on about 4 layers. He's taken Tylenol so he should be warming up soon. Went to the doctor this morning and he has pneumonia! He does feel really bad. It was kinda funny at the doctor's office. The doctor is a quilter and she had a quilt in her car she wanted me to see so she ran out and got it while they were doing the x-rays. Chad was sitting there feeling really bad while she and I were talking about the quilt and he blurts out "So this is why we always have to wait so long to see you . . you're talking about QUILTS!" Argghh! Then we went to the pharmacy at Wal-Mart and the pharmacist's wife is in my Monday night quilt group. Monday night we're talking about labels and he wants to come listen to how I make my labels because his wife doesn't do much with computers. So, again Chad had to wait while I discussed quilts! Poor kid. He loves ribs so I have ribs on the smoker. I'm trying to be a good nurse/mom! I haven't been able to do much quilting today after spending a good chunk of the morning at the doctor; Vince brought home our tax stuff and I had to do my little IRA thing. Then I made cookies for Chad (more good mom points!). Now I'm going to quilt my friend's star quilt. I think I'm going to do the fans. I do love those! Judy

15 Comments:

  • Judy,
    POOR CHAD! I loved his comment at the Drs. office! I hope he's feeling better soon!
    Hugs
    Laurie
    PS(did you get any mom pts. with the pic?)

    By Blogger Laurie, at 2/17/2006 02:34:00 PM  

  • Oh no fun for Chad. I am still coughing and had my pneumonia in December. But it was my 6th time with it in my adult life.
    Tell him to get lots of rest and not to rush things.

    By Blogger Patty, at 2/17/2006 03:04:00 PM  

  • Poor you -- nursing/mom for a sick teenager is hard work. Reward yourself with some quilting, not just visiting about quilting :-)

    By Blogger quiltpixie, at 2/17/2006 03:15:00 PM  

  • Oh, Judy -- I hope Chad is on the mend, now. Lots of pneumonia and bronchitis going around here.
    Next time Iim sick I'm coming to your house to get fed!

    By Blogger Joanne, at 2/18/2006 05:24:00 AM  

  • Hope Chad is feeling better this morning. I was worried about him last night! I was thinking ... if I were sick and you were my mother, I'd ask for a big pot of gumbo!! :)

    By Blogger Vicky, at 2/18/2006 06:08:00 AM  

  • oh poor baby- sounds like you are doing a super mom/nursing job! Hope you get some quilting time in for yourself as well

    By Blogger Cher, at 2/18/2006 07:32:00 AM  

  • So funny about the quilt talk! Hope Chad is feeling better - being sick is no fun.

    By Blogger Holly, at 2/18/2006 07:45:00 AM  

  • Uh - oh, looks like one unhappy camper. I hope he feels better very quickly once the meds start hitting his system (and Mom's good cooking can't hurt either!).

    Cheers!

    Evelyn

    By Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy, at 2/18/2006 02:01:00 PM  

  • I hope Chad is feeling better soon...pneumonia is no fun! Have fun with the fans...I'm loading a quilt to put them on tonight or tomorrow. Any expert advice or hints for me?
    Carolyn

    By Blogger Carolyn, at 2/18/2006 02:30:00 PM  

  • And I bet he'll be back out there in those bare feet in the snow before long! Only a teen can live to tell about that. If I would wonder out there like that, I'd be down for the count!
    Hopefully Chad will be better soon.

    By Blogger Tracey, at 2/18/2006 05:15:00 PM  

  • Poor Chad.

    What a great mom. Take care of yourself, too.

    By Blogger Debby Brown, at 2/18/2006 07:32:00 PM  

  • I hope he is feeling better now.. It is poor to see him with a pneunomia

    By Blogger Lucy, at 2/19/2006 07:38:00 AM  

  • I had pneumonia as a teenager, right after I broke a foot and then got chicken pox. My mom deserved a medal. Hope you are all doing well.

    Being in Ireland, I just wonder what your little IRA thing is, LOL!!!

    By Blogger Cathi, at 2/19/2006 01:41:00 PM  

  • I hope Chad recovers soon! I've had that pneumonia before and it is NO fun! I did get a giggle out of the fact that the doc is a quilter too and was doing show and tell with you while you waited..*LOL*

    Bonnie

    By Blogger Bonnie K. Hunter, at 2/19/2006 03:11:00 PM  

  • Hope Chad is feeling better - there's been a lot of respiratory stuff going around this year. B

    y the way this is another reason I'm getting a lot done. Families take a lot of time and at this point I have no kids left at home (unless you count the dog but he can be left alone or crated if needed)and Keith travels frequently. He's heading back to Denmark tomorrow for a week and did I mention I'm not working right now?

    It all adds up to plenty of time for quilting, crochet, and knitting.

    By Blogger Mary Johnson, at 2/19/2006 04:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home