Sunshine Quilts

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Snow Day

Hard to believe it because most of the snow has melted but we got several inches of snow last night and the roads were bad this morning so we had a snow day. Even though we have to make these days up, I love snow days. It always seems like an unexpected holiday. I was in the back of the house quilting and looked out to see Chad making a huge snowball. Got the camera and then noticed this -- he's out in the snow with no shoes! Amazing! He did manage to get a good size snowball before his poor little piggies got so cold he had to come in. Snow will all be gone in the morning, then we have a round of thunderstorms coming, then snow again. It's been a funny cycle this winter. I'm not complaining though. It hasn't been terribly cold (good thing with the gas bills being double what they were last year) and we've had no real accumulation of ice.

9 Comments:

  • Judy,
    The pic of the naked piggies in the snow made me get chills! YIKES!!! Love the snowball too! And I'm like you...it is like an unplanned holiday when school is cancelled! But tell Chad to put SHOES on next time! ;o)
    Hugs
    Laurie

    By Blogger Laurie, at 1/18/2006 03:25:00 PM  

  • That is a great picture of bare toes on snow. Brrrrr!

    By Blogger Holly, at 1/18/2006 03:32:00 PM  

  • Now THAT's a snowball! Gee I miss snow :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/18/2006 03:49:00 PM  

  • ooooohhh that looks cold ! How fun you had some snow. Don't you just love snow days ?

    By Blogger Patty, at 1/18/2006 04:21:00 PM  

  • Looks like fun. I understnad the bills section though. I have the same problem here. Weather has been wet and mild but heating bills are to high for my liking.

    By Blogger dot, at 1/18/2006 05:22:00 PM  

  • I'm cold just looking at Chad's feet! Sounds like it was a fun day!

    By Blogger Carolyn, at 1/19/2006 05:30:00 AM  

  • TEENAGE BOYS!! AUUGHHH! I have trouble getting Jeff to wear a jacket in the mornings..."But mom, the school is only 2 blocks away!" I don't care...it's COLD out. Who knows why they think the way they do!

    Bonnie

    By Blogger Bonnie K. Hunter, at 1/19/2006 08:13:00 AM  

  • LOL, thanks for the smile and memories of my Ryan doing something similar-years ago now-he wore shorts year round to school, no matter the temp..a tough Oregon kid...Cher

    By Blogger Cher, at 1/19/2006 09:11:00 AM  

  • Well the bare feet in the snow look something my son would do - yes it is a boy thing. But I got a laugh at the big snowball but off to the left are those daisies! That is too funny!

    By Blogger Quilts And Pieces, at 1/20/2006 02:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home