Sunshine Quilts

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Morning Labors

Busy morning in my kitchen! Got the leg of lamb on the smoker a bit after 7 a.m. This will be my first time to try lamb. Then I mixed up a double batch of ciabatta (glass bowl). That was a big hit this week and Vince & Chad have been asking for more. It takes two days to make that though so the sponge will sit til tomorrow when we can have fresh ciabatta. Today we'll have butter crescent rolls (in the bright blue bowl). Then I roasted broccoli for the broccoli/pasta salad. Carrots are simmering now for the carrot souffle. Somewhere in there I fixed bisuits, sausage, gravy and eggs for breakfast. The kitchen is about as clean as it's going to get for now so I plan to spend the afternoon sewing.

4 Comments:

  • mmmmm, carrot soufle sounds yummy.
    As does the lamb, I almost did a leg for Thanksgiving....

    By Blogger The Calico Cat, at 1/07/2006 10:42:00 AM  

  • Gosh Judy,
    YOu make a person hungry and wanting to live with you! ;) Sounds yummy! Now get QUILTING!!! I"m off to do QST's!
    Hugs
    Laurie

    By Blogger Laurie, at 1/07/2006 10:42:00 AM  

  • Wkhat time is dinner? I'll try to be there!!! I've never had a carrot souffle, it sounds interesting. Hope you got lots of quilting done today!

    By Blogger Carolyn, at 1/07/2006 01:15:00 PM  

  • OOOHHHH Judy, sounds simply
    deee-lish! I think you should start a NEW blog where you post your weekly menu and recipe sources. I would be interested in trying out that carrot souffle. Just what you have time for, right? Another blog - so I am just kidding... But maybe if you could just post your weekly menu every once in a great while - I can't believe all the variety you come up with!

    Tonight's menu in Austria was outside dining at Little Boy's favorite hotdog stand - we haven't been there since before Christmas and he was asking to go.

    Cheers!

    Evelyn

    By Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy, at 1/07/2006 02:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home