Sunshine Quilts

Friday, December 30, 2005

It's All About . . Food!

Or so it seems today. Vince has a friend in FL and every year he sends us oranges and grapefruit . . not just everyday stuff but all kinds and sizes of oranges and red, white and pink grapefruit. He has them growing in his yard! Just goes out and picks them and sends them and they are so good! Too bad Vince was here when they arrived or I would have been tempted to tell him they never got here and hide them so I can have them all for myself. Vince had already grabbed some of them to take to work before I was able to take the picture. I've only had three of them today and I'm going to have a grapefruit for dinner! Thanks Steve and Ann for the yummy fruit! My family has been asking for gumbo so I made that tonight. Hard to believe something that starts out so ugly can be so good! I used leftover smoked chicken for the meat; will let it simmer for a couple of hours, then cool down before putting it in the fridge for our dinner tomorrow. I have one of the heart quilts on the longarm now. I'm doing McTavishing in the background which takes forever. I love piecing and when I haven't pieced in a few days, I miss it so much! But, I also love longarming and when I've been away from the longarm for a few days, I realize how fun it is and how much I miss it when not doing it. I suppose the solution would be to do some piecing and some longarming every day but I'm usually trying to finish a quilt . . whether piecing or longarming. Back to quilting so I can get this top finished tonight . . hopefully. Judy

7 Comments:

  • I'm the same way I miss piecing when I'm quilting and quilting when I'm piecing. The biggest problem for me is that I procrastinate loading a quilt on the longarm - once it's loaded it gets quilted quickly but first it has to get loaded.

    By Blogger Mary Johnson, at 12/30/2005 07:57:00 PM  

  • Judy,
    That fruit looks so YUMMY! There is nothing like fruit fresh from the tree!!! I can't blame ya for wanting to hide it from Vince!

    Have fun McTavishing!
    Hugs
    Laurie

    By Blogger Laurie, at 12/30/2005 07:58:00 PM  

  • Boy that fruit is leaking vitamin C even via my computer monitor! Yum Yum

    By Blogger quiltpixie, at 12/30/2005 08:05:00 PM  

  • Oh wish I was there to try your chicken gumbo - I've never had it! And oh does that fruit look so great! It is so grey and dreary here that fruit looks so inviting! I'm glad I'm finally getting a chance to catch up with everyone!

    By Blogger Quilts And Pieces, at 12/30/2005 09:00:00 PM  

  • ooh, that gumbo looks good, and yum with the smoked chicken. at least you enjoy both the longarming and the piecing - even if you can't manage to do them both at the same time.

    By Blogger Tonya Ricucci, at 12/31/2005 12:03:00 AM  

  • Judy, do you have a gumbo recipe you could share? I'd love to try it! I'm the same as you with piecing and quilting. Wish I had more time to do both! Enjoy your fruit, it looks delicious!

    By Blogger Carolyn, at 12/31/2005 06:28:00 AM  

  • Oh happy day!! Fruit and longarm quilting...enjoy!!

    By Blogger Finn, at 12/31/2005 07:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home