Sunshine Quilts

Thursday, January 05, 2006

A Day of Quilting

Since I didn't have to deal with the computer today, I spent almost the entire day quilting. One of my favorite pantos is Divine Vine by Donna Reinarts. It stitches up very pretty but it is so time consuming. I finished up a quilt with this panto and a friend, Karen, came by who had asked me to quilt her daughter's wedding quilt. It is a Trip Around the World. I showed Karen the quilt with Divine Vine and she loved it so now I get to quilt Divine Vine again! I'm making progress on Tina's quilt. These blocks go together really quick. There's a pieced sashing which will dress the quilt up a little. I want it to be a snuggly quilt so I'll probably do a panto. Maybe I'll use a flannel backing to make it more snuggly but I know they're sometimes in warmer climates so maybe I won't use flannel. Maybe I don't know what I'm going to use for backing! :) I'm actually liking working with these colors. Other than that, I spent some time cleaning the longarm room, ordered some supplies, including some racks for thread cones. I'd seen pictures of some and had asked Vince to make them but he doesn't have time to do it and I really need to get my thread organized. It would be real nice if they got here tomorrow so Vince could hang them over the weekend but I doubt they get here til next week. I ordered them from Checkers and the lady told me they show that they have two in stock but that's sometimes not correct. I ordered three so I guess I'll be lucky if I get one right away. I'm just having the best luck! Yesterday morning I decided to order a new ice cream maker. I thought I was going to go with the Cuisinart but it didn't rate very well by consumers so I ended up getting this one. The Cuisinart made 1-1/2 quarts and this one makes just 1 quart but rated better than the Cuisinart, was about $100 cheaper and it's made in Italy! Can't beat that, huh? I ordered it through Amazon and they said it would be shipped January 9. I just received an e-mail that it was shipped yesterday and when I checked the tracking number, it says it will be delivered January 17 but it arrived in "northern Kentucky" tonight so it could get here tomorrow! I have two more ripe persimmons so if the ice cream maker arrives tomorrow, I'll be able to make persimmon sorbet! Yummmm! Judy

5 Comments:

  • Good Grief Judy! You make me tired reading your posts! LOL...sounds like a super productive day!
    Hugs
    Laurie

    By Blogger Laurie, at 1/05/2006 08:13:00 PM  

  • OH...forgot...Judy, why don't you use a flannel backing without batting? Thinner and cooler yet snuggly!???!!! I LOVE flannel backings!
    Hugs
    Laurie

    By Blogger Laurie, at 1/05/2006 08:17:00 PM  

  • I love the colors in the quilt blocks !
    Anxious to hear how you like the ice cream maker. We have an old hand crank but with the children all grown, meaning no more hand crankers around, we may consider something electric. All that goat milk around makes for some good ice cream.

    By Blogger Patty, at 1/05/2006 08:55:00 PM  

  • Judy, you are my hero! Quilting all day and making ice cream too? Amazing! The quilt blocks look great, can't wait to see the finished quilt.

    By Blogger Carolyn, at 1/06/2006 05:55:00 AM  

  • I love that panto! I've never seen it sewn on a quilt, but I love the look of it!

    I've always wondered how those ice cream machines work! You'll have to let us know! I always think about buying one, but never have!

    By Blogger Quilts And Pieces, at 1/06/2006 06:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home