Sunshine Quilts

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Making a List and Checking it Twice!

No, I'm not Santa! On Patty's blog, she has an entry about lists and how she feels about them. While I don't make lists of everything I do, I live by lists. It could be because I'm so disorganized that I have to be ultra-organized or I don't function. It could be because without a list, I will sit at the sewing machine almost 24/7 and do nothing else. I enjoy having a list to follow. Otherwise, I'd be constantly trying to figure out what I was forgetting to do (not that I don't forget things even though I have a list!) One list that I make and pretty much live by is a weekly menu. We rarely go out to eat and I love to cook so this works great for us. We have our big meal at lunch and Vince is rarely here for dinner so I try to fix things for lunch that Vince likes and things for dinner that Chad likes. I'll eat anything so that makes it pretty easy! I think we have pretty interesting meals and it's a heck of a lot less expensive to eat at home than to eat out. I print two copies of the "menu". One goes on the fridge for everyone to see. The second one has recipes attached and it goes into a three ring binder. I don't know why I keep them . . I rarely go back and re-use a menu. I sometimes use the same recipes but haven't ever used the same menu. Here's our menu for the coming week. Judy

5 Comments:

  • Judy,
    Can I come to lunch and dinner too??? Unlike you, I do not like to cook and eating out is my choice for food!
    Hugs
    Laurie

    By Blogger Laurie, at 1/01/2006 07:51:00 AM  

  • Love the menu...are you sure you shouldn't be a chef?

    By Blogger Carolyn, at 1/01/2006 09:53:00 AM  

  • Anyone can come any time! I love the cooking part but I hate the cleaning up part. Maybe I should have been a chef and I could have paid the helpers to clean up. Except for the dog who will gladly "vacuum" anything I drop, I can't get much help around here!

    Judy

    By Blogger Granny, at 1/01/2006 10:52:00 AM  

  • I hate cooking, I love to do the dishes! Love the idea of a weekly menu though - it will be an idea I will use this summer.

    About the chaplain's wife's quilt... you bought 4 yards of 4 different fabrics - even if you can't find the originally intended pattern, I am sure that you have enough to make any pattern work!

    Cheers!

    Evelyn

    By Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy, at 1/01/2006 11:24:00 AM  

  • Judy,
    I think your menu is a great idea. When I did once a month cooking I had a list of what to take out for each day. So I did make a list : )

    By Blogger Patty, at 1/01/2006 03:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home