Sunshine Quilts

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Office Depot is my Favorite Store!

Gotta love Office Depot. I bought a Compaq laptop in July, 04 and I bought an extended warranty (through Kemper) on the recommendation of the Office Depot salesman. I began having hard drive problems mid-December and that's when the hassle started. Finally convinced Kemper on 12/24 that the computer needed help and they said they would send a box and a pickup tag for it. To make a long story short, the box never came and Kemper wouldn't even return our phone calls. This afternoon I had my limit! Boxed the computer, grabbed my receipts, went to Office Depot and asked to see a manager. Told him my whole sob story, showed him all my receipts. He said "let me see what I can do" and walked off. Came back with a Toshiba notebook and started showing me line by line what was different (better) than the Compaq I currently had. I explained that I didn't want to buy a new computer, I wanted mine fixed. He said "we're taking the old one and giving you a new one!" HUH??? Yes, I walked away with a brand new Toshiba that is BETTER than the Compaq. The hard drive on the new one is 100 GB and I think the old one was 60. The new one has a DVD burner and the old one had a CD burner with a DVD reader. Not to mention that the old one has been used every day for the last year and a half. So, the Office Depot manager gives me credit for everything on the old computer, rings up the new computer and tells me I'm getting $12 cash back and a $200 mail in rebate. The way I figure it, after rebates I paid about $800 for my old laptop so by the time I get the $200 rebate on the new computer, I've just gotten a $1,400 computer plus a $350 extended warranty for about $600. I am pretty happy! Hopefully by tonight I'll have EQ and IM and all my other "essential for living" programs back up and running! Judy L.

15 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home