Sunshine Quilts

Friday, December 02, 2005

Speaking of UFO's

Tracey has started a UFO Bustin Group and I tried to get it but couldn't figure it out this morning. So, I decided to list my UFO's over in my sidebar. Hey, that space is there for some reason . . might as well use it. The Quilting Post is a yahoo group and most every year, we have a UFO group. I joined in 2005 and the first half of this year, finished 15 UFO's. Pictures of them are on my webshots page. You might think that's really good to have finished 15 of them but those 15 were finished the first half of this year. It was divided up into two six month contests. Guess how many I've finished the second half of the year! Go ahead . . guess! ZERO! It's not like I haven't been quilting. . you all know I've been very busy. It just hasn't been UFO's. So, without digging too deeply, I've found more UFO's to list as a goal to complete in 2006. As I uncover more UFO's, I'll add them to the list. All except for maybe 2 of them just need quilting and binding. Amazing . . maybe I should find myself a good longarm quilter! :) I am not listing any of the quilts for the book. There will be 20 quilts in the book and all 20 of those usually end up being made twice before they go to the testers. There are probably 10 of them already made (not quilted) but because that's kind of not normal UFO's, I am not listing them. So, while I'm not officially in Tracey's UFO Bustin group, I'll hopefully get a few of mine done too. Judy L.

4 Comments:

  • Great idea Judy, I think the support of the blog ring helps us get more accomplished. I know I'm more motivated than I used to be...*VBS* Thanks to people like you and the other mavericks..*S* It's also good to know I'm not the only one with tooooo much fabric, and way too many UFO's.

    By Blogger Finn, at 12/02/2005 09:33:00 AM  

  • YOU GO JUDY! I'm afraid to ACTUALLY go look in my closet and see what UFO's I have...I know there are a TON!
    Laurie

    By Blogger Laurie, at 12/02/2005 04:48:00 PM  

  • FYI, there's a UFO support group on Flickr where you can share photos, shame, and maybe even get inspired to finish... Or so I hope, for my own sake!! http://www.flickr.com/groups/61888928@N00/pool/

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/02/2005 05:42:00 PM  

  • I have an official UFO list & I have done a pretty good job at working on them... I think it helps a lot to list them... & Since I am working on UFO's, I don't feel too terribly guilty about working on several things concurrently. This is just how my brain works. I think my official number is 50....

    By Blogger The Calico Cat, at 12/03/2005 09:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home