Sunshine Quilts

Monday, November 28, 2005

Mail Man Brought Good News!

I have a friend in CA . . Vicky. It's kinda funny because she grew up in the town next to my little town in Louisiana and even played basketball for Sulphur (her town) and they played my town (Westlake). I'm sure we skunked them! :) Anyway, we're almost the same age, but we didn't know each other then. We met online and though we've been internet friends for probably four or five years, we've never met. Just to prove to you that she's a swell kinda girl, she even has a dachshund! (This is sounding like one of Darcie's stories, huh?) While I'm kinda off track, did you know I also met my husband online? Back to the story . . Vicky is a very generous person . . very generous. Last year for Christmas, Vicky sent me this box of about 30 half yards of a whole collection of fabrics from Pat Campbell. They were the kind of mottled hand dyed looking fabrics and they were gorgeous (can't remember the name of the collection or I'd tell you). I knew right off that I wanted to make something for Vicky using some of that fabric so I got busy and made her a quilt, and surprised her with it. She lives near the Road to California show and I was chatting with her a while back and she said "why don't you enter this quilt in the Road to CA show?" Heck, I'll do anything with a little encouragement. So, I burned a CD with the requisite pictures, sent in the application and today my mail man brought me the acceptance letter from the Road to CA show crew. I'm pretty excited . . wish I could go to CA in January to see it hanging but I can't. I'll just be happy to know that Vicky is there seeing her quilt in the show. Judy

10 Comments:

  • WOOHOO Judy! How FUN! It's a gorgeous quilt! Now you have to let Vicky know she has to get it there and pick it up!

    Laurie

    By Blogger Laurie, at 11/28/2005 04:43:00 PM  

  • YAY JUDY!!! I really love how the green/cream background is so soothing and then the stars just pop out like they are superimposed on top. VERY cool quilt! I'm sure it will be a ribbon winner at the show!

    Bonnie

    By Blogger Bonnie K. Hunter, at 11/28/2005 04:59:00 PM  

  • Wow Judy! I do love that quilt and congratulations on having it chosen for a show.

    Marilyn

    By Blogger Marilyn, at 11/28/2005 05:42:00 PM  

  • Judy -

    The quilt is beautiful! COngrats on getting it into the show! Make sure Vickie sends you a picture of her standing in front of it at the show.

    Sarah

    By Blogger Sarah, at 11/28/2005 06:49:00 PM  

  • OOOOOOOh Judy! Your work is fabulous!!!!! Everybody is going to drop their jaw when they view this quilt. Bonnie explained it so well...took the words right out of my mouth!

    Hurray for you!

    And you will tell us more about your internet "shopping," won't you?!?!?!

    Darcie

    By Blogger Darcie, at 11/28/2005 07:42:00 PM  

  • Oh and it's beautiful too! I think perhaps some of the most beautiful quilts are the ones that have the special stories behind them, don't you? Congrats for the acceptance to the show!

    By Blogger Quiltgranny, at 11/28/2005 09:51:00 PM  

  • CONGRATS! I wish I could go to Ca. to visit your quilt too....

    By Blogger The Calico Cat, at 11/29/2005 04:27:00 AM  

  • I"m so glad that Vicky talked you into entering it, Judy! And I'm glad that you LISTENED!! ;o)

    By Blogger Tracey, at 11/29/2005 04:48:00 AM  

  • Morning Judy, love the quilt you made for your friend...it's beautiful !! And congratulations on being accepted for that show !
    Awesome--

    By Blogger Finn, at 11/29/2005 06:23:00 AM  

  • Oh Judy what a fun quilt! I've never seen that design before and the colors are great!

    How exciting that it will be in the quilt show in CA! That is too bad you can't go and see it. You'll have to tell Vicki to take lots of pictures!

    By Blogger Quilts And Pieces, at 11/29/2005 06:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home