Sunshine Quilts

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thanksgiving Eve is CRAZZZY!

I should never have gotten out of bed today! 1. I like for my cornbread to dry out before making dressing so I make the cornbread a day or two ahead, crumble it and let it dry. I'm cooking Thanksgiving Dinner at my little house in town which has 2 square feet of counter space so I decided I'd put the cornbread in the bedroom with the ceiling fan on. I have two 9 x 13 glass pans so I set those on the sewing machine cabinet. I HAD a big plastic bowl of cornbread that didn't fit on anywhere so I put a towel on the bed and put the bowl there. Speck is a mini-dachshund and he can't jump on the bed so I didn't worry about it but I closed the door anyway. I went to get dressed. Got out of the shower and there's Speck with his tail between his legs so I wonder what he's done. Then I see him licking his lips, then I see the bedroom door open. He had gotten on the bed and eaten half the bowl of cornbread so I had to throw that out. No doubt he has a tummy ache! 2. I made a blackberry wine cake. My tube pan is at the other house so yesterday I bought one of those floppy plastic or whatever they are cake pans at Wal-Mart. I don't think it was the pan's fault but my cake split right in half coming out of the pan. It's just us here for Thanksgiving so it was nothing a little icing couldn't fix. 3. I am NOT a cat lover and there's a cat at my front door. He has just appeared! He is someone's inside cat because he tries to come in every time the door opens. With a dog inside and a cat outside, it is not easy getting in or out of my house. The cat must've been around dogs because he/she/it just wants to check Speck out; Speck wants to eat the cat! I open the garage door, the cat comes in. It's going to be down in the teens and even down to 7 degrees in a couple of nights. Is this cat going to leave and go home or am I the proud owner of a cat? On the good side, I made a deal with myself . . once I quilt the customer's quilt that is on the longarm, I can spend a whole day piecing! I go through spells when I'd rather piece than quilt and then there are days when I'd rather quilt than piece. I'm so anxious to get this stash down, I think that's why I want to piece. I'm going back to the kitchen to see what else can go wrong! Judy

2 Comments:

  • Oh my garsh! I am just laughing and laughing and laughing. Not at you, but WITH you! LOL! Does Speck look pregnant after having eaten all that cornbread? Just think of it this way...if Speck had not eaten the cornbread, there's a cat on the menu!

    Have a wonderful one! You've made mine richer!

    By Blogger Quiltgranny, at 11/24/2005 07:35:00 AM  

  • *LOLOLOL* Oh too funny....bad doggie, bad cat! As for the cake, nothing a little more icing...or WINE can't fix! I hope you get some piecing time, that is what I am aching for this weekend too!

    Bonnie

    By Blogger Bonnie K. Hunter, at 11/24/2005 02:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home