Sunshine Quilts

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Quilting Goals being met!

Several of you have written me about the goals I set for 2006 and the goals you're thinking of setting for yourself. I realize that what works best for me may not work at all for you but setting goals really works for me. No one should feel pressured to set goals .. do it if you want to do it and if it makes you feel uneasy, don't do it. Or, if you want to set goals but not share them with us (and the rest of the world who's looking), just write them down and keep them for yourself. Whatever works for you and helps you to reach your ultimate goal is what you should do. And, if your goal for 2006 is to finish 1 or 2 quilts, that's great! Of the 17 quilts currently on my list, all but three are totally pieced and waiting to be quilted. With the longarm, if I decide to do a meander or panto, I could do a quilt in a day easily. What I'm mainly trying to say is: I am not trying to make anyone feel like an underachiever! I want anyone who is participating in our little group to work at your own pace, within your own comfort zone and just do whatever is fun for you. I can't imagine that quilting wouldn 't be fun and the last thing I want to do is cause anyone to fret about meeting a goal. Like I told Laurie in an earlier post, if you set a goal and don't meet it, you don't have to go to jail or anything! Speaking of goals, if you've looked at my goals, you'll see that I have 2 goals for December met and the binding is almost finished on the Happy Scrappy Houses. The two that needed piecing were partially pieced already but now the piecing is done! I think I've decided on a quilt design for the border of the purple/yellow quilt and that's what I'm going to try to begin drawing out tonight and tomorrow. It will involve trapunto and I would love to get the first layer of sewing done tomorrow so I can spend the weekend trimming the poly batting. Still don't have much of a clue what to do with the blocks but maybe something will come to me as I finalize the border plans. Maybe tomorrow I'll have a picture of the top with all the drawings on it. We're waiting for the snow and maybe a little ice to arrive. I'll be real surprised if we have school tomorrow or Friday. Chad was sick Monday so he may have a real short week if we have snow days. Vince is out of town (Bardstown, KY) and driving back home tomorrow so I surely hope he gets back before the snow/ice arrive. Time to start drawing quilting designs . . :) Judy L.

3 Comments:

  • Send that snow our way so I can have tomorrow off! We're actually supposed to get 3-6" which isn't too bad, but it's supposed to be the worse in the early morning to noon, which means it will be difficult for our district of walkers to get to school.

    Thank you for all your thoughts on goal setting. One of my goals this month is to LIST my goals for 2006 and plan to do that once the Christmas wrapping is done. I'm not sure if I'll post them, but maybe that would make me more accountable and I'd actually meet them!

    By Blogger Carolyn, at 12/08/2005 06:57:00 AM  

  • I love reading about your goals, and where you are on them. My goal for the coming year is just to get back to "normal" (whatever that is!) in 2006. If it's what I think it is, it will mean doing a lot of quilting!

    The snow hit here with a vengeance last night - I think we have about 10" of it. It sure is pretty sparkling in the sunlight!

    By Blogger Quiltgranny, at 12/08/2005 07:05:00 AM  

  • I applaud those of you who set goals and especially those that keep focused and complete those goals. Myself I've found that when I set goals I'm just setting myself up to fail and make myself feel really bad about myself. I'd love to be able to say "Well I'll finish 1 UFO and make 1 stash quilt per month." But I know that's not gonna happen so my only goals will be to just do a little something quilty each day and then post what it was in my blog. I think I can handle that. :-)

    By Blogger Nancy, at 12/08/2005 07:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home