Sunshine Quilts

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Quilting Goals for 2006

Without goals and feeling like I am accountable to someone for reaching those goals, I am perfectly happy to sit at the computer all day! Thank you (NOT!) to whomever it was last week who shared the Sudoku site! Debra Spincic has posted her quilting goals for 2006 and challenged her readers to do the same. My "goals" are just to keep me on track. They are not going to dictate what I do for the entire year but if at the end of the year, I have accomplished everything on the list, I'll have to give myself a reward of some kind. Rewards that seem interesting today are a quilting cruise, the Janome 6600 or maybe just a week somewhere with some of my best quilting buddies. I have to meet the goals before I spend too much time thinking about a reward, right? The manuscript for the book, and the 20 quilts to be in the book, are due in August. That deadline will be what really consumes my time in 2006 and I cannot get behind. This is supposed to be fun and if I feel pressured, it will no longer be fun. Many of the quilts for the book are being made by others but I still have to make at least one quilt from each pattern before sending out to the testers. Even though I plan to make 180 quilts from the stash, I’m not going to rush through them. I don’t think I ever want to be in the position of having no stash at all. Yeah, right . . like that could ever happen! So, without further adieu, here are my quilting goals for 2006:

  • UFO’s – Finish at least 15 of the quilts on my UFO list. Most only need quilting, binding and a label.
  • Book Quilts – 20 quilts. Even though some are being made by others, I can finish the “test” quilts I made and they’ll be available for trunk shows, etc.
  • Stash Quilts - Make at least 10 stash quilts.
  • AQS Show in Paducah – I’d like to get at least one quilt entered for this show. Deadline is January 4
  • AQS Expo in Nashville – I’d like to get at least one quilt entered for this show. Deadline is May 3.
  • EQ/QNM Contest – I’d like to get at least one quilt entered for this contest. Deadline is June 16.
That's at least 48 quilts and that's doable since so many of them are already pieced and I have the longarm so quilting is a breeze. 48 quilts translates to 4 per month. Piece 'o cake! :) There will be other quilts that need to be done for gifts or charities that speak to me during the year but for now, those are the goals that come to mind. Judy L.

9 Comments:

  • Judy,
    Your enthusiasm and "go get 'em" attitude amazes and encourages me! I'm not sure I have the courage to list goals! But I might! *VBG*
    Laurie

    By Blogger Laurie, at 12/03/2005 01:08:00 PM  

  • Laurie, it's not like we have to go to jail or anything if we don't complete our goals! Makes me feel like I'm kinda competing with myself to do what I think I can do.

    Judy L.

    By Blogger Granny, at 12/03/2005 01:38:00 PM  

  • Judy,
    You and I both know that sometimes jail would be a better place than being a mom/wife! LOL...I'll consider setting goals! Heck, it might be fun to set other goals besides my WEIGHT! ;)
    Laurie

    By Blogger Laurie, at 12/03/2005 07:05:00 PM  

  • Judy -

    I can't wait to see your book! When does it come out? Let me know if you need any more testers. Thanks for sharing your goals with us. Helped get me thinking in that direction.

    Have a great weekend!

    Sarah

    By Blogger Sarah, at 12/03/2005 07:22:00 PM  

  • Great Idea these goals. OK I'm in. I'm going to make my list tomorrow. Your dog is too funny!Snausage dog indeed!Sounds like he needs his very own piece of fleece to wear around....when its chilly..hahaha chili dog!!!!

    By Blogger FatQuarterQuiltFarm, at 12/03/2005 09:31:00 PM  

  • Ambitious list! I'll be around to encourage you!

    By Blogger Debra Dixon, at 12/04/2005 06:00:00 AM  

  • I'm very, very impressed with your plans and goals for 2006, and I'll bet money you can do it!! You are a very committed person, and I'm sure it's do-able if you want it badly enought. We could all use some of your enthusiam..*VBS*

    By Blogger Finn, at 12/04/2005 10:11:00 AM  

  • Wow, those are awesome goals. You've got me thinking about mine... not so ambitious, but then, those pesky kids keep slowing me up ;-) Hmmm, off to work on my list!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/05/2005 09:50:00 AM  

  • love the idea of yearly goals... When I'm done thinking will post to my blog. Maybe some techniques or such more than particular projects as I never seem to know what I'll make til its almost made!

    By Blogger quiltpixie, at 12/07/2005 04:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home