Sunshine Quilts

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Bedtime Struggles

Not what you think . . :) I hate going to bed. I am never ready to stop what I'm doing when the clock tells me it's time to stop. Some nights I spend several hours thinking to myself . . you're going to be sorry! And, when the alarm goes off, I am very sorry (and very tired!). Sunday night, I was headed to bed at a respectable hour and a piece of batik caught my attention. I spent TWO hours trying to match other batiks; pulling fabrics and making a monstrous mess in the living room floor where I had about 40 fabrics out for auditioning. When I would think I had something close to perfect, I'd plug the fabrics into EQ, find they weren't quite perfect and continue with my fabric search. At one point, I even decided that maybe I would mix regular cotton fabrics with batiks so I pulled those out too. Shortly after midnight I decided my only option would be to buy more batik to match this one piece I wanted to use. On my second attempt at going to bed, I remembered a piece of fabric I had bought to be used for a backing. Perfect!! I have the backing for a top but can't come up with the fabrics for the top. Nothing to do but get out of bed, dig out the backing piece, try to match fabrics by using that piece. This is the closest match I made. One has an ecru for the light and the other is a yellow. I don't think either is perfect.

At 2 a.m. I went to bed . . defeated! With more fabric than any one person should have in one house, nothing worked! The alarm went off at 5:30 and I snoozed til 6:00 . . what a waste of time! But I told myself I would be in bed at a decent hour on Monday night. Didn't happen! Last night (Monday), I was making my way to bed, thrilled that I was actually going to bed at a decent hour. Then I remembered some projects! When I went to the Nashville show, I had cut out three quilts to take with me to work on in the room. I have one top made. Where are the other two? Hmmm, don't have a clue so I begin searching. There was a bag under the cutting table and I knew they weren't in that bag so I never looked but, that's where they were. One of the projects isn't on my "DO IT NOW" list so I took it out, found another couple of projects that need to be done in a fairly urgent time frame and again, it's almost 2 a.m. before I went to bed. Maybe putting this plan into writing will help me to do what I want to do. A little self-control would help too. I am going to be in bed, with the lights off by 10:30 tonight! JL

2 Comments:

  • *LOL* This whole sidetracked business way past bedtime cracked me up!! I know exactly from whence you are speaking!!

    Bonnie

    By Blogger Bonnie K. Hunter, at 10/04/2005 10:33:00 AM  

  • Oh I know what you mean! Especially when you have something and remember where you placed it - and for me there is never enough time to quilt and too often it is in the wee hours after I get teenagers to bed! Can't wait to hear if you make it to bed at a decent time tonight!

    By Blogger Quilts And Pieces, at 10/04/2005 01:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home