Sunshine Quilts

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Finished Two Quilts today

They both just needed the binding and since neither are show quilts or heirloom quilts, the binding was put on and finished on the machine. The purple heart quilt is the one I shared with you last week.


The quilting is pretty basic but I did do feathers in the heart

The second quilt I finished is from swap blocks from 1995 and 1996. I put the quilt together three years ago when we were at a cabin in Georgia for Christmas, quilted it a month or so ago and finally finished the binding today.

I think it was this quilt that caused my husband to tell me that all of my quilts looked like clown quilts! Judy L.

3 Comments:

  • Well, I think the quilt is beautiful, not a clown quilt! Great job on the quilting, I love the feathers in the stars. You always do such beautiful work!

    Carolyn

    By Blogger Carolyn, at 9/23/2005 05:29:00 AM  

  • At least your husband even looks at them! Mine is so sick of them he won't even comment badly about them! :)

    I love the borders you did on the old swap quilt!

    By Blogger Quilts And Pieces, at 9/23/2005 12:41:00 PM  

  • Clown quilts? I think he means, "bright, cheerful, fun" quilts, goshdarnit. Usually my husband is pretty supportive, even of my wilder quilts, but I've made a couple that he says "get it away from me, it's scary bright."

    By Blogger Tonya Ricucci, at 9/25/2005 11:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home