Sunshine Quilts

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Art Quilts?? What am I Thinking?

I have been bitten by the art quilt bug. I have never liked art quilts! I watched my grandma quilt with scraps of old fabric, needle and thread. How can a quilt have paint and beads and raw edge applique?? Well, I'm going to try it. I blame my friend, Gayle from PA. I never accept blame for anything so this is all Gayle's fault! :) I have a plan. I know what I want to make first. No doubt it will not be fancy or an award winner but it will be a start. We don't have a JoAnn's Fabrics here but we do have a Hancock's so I'm going to go by there today to look for some fabrics. I know I need some good blacks and whites, maybe a couple of tan/browns and . . a new collar for the dog. Maybe a red collar! Can you guess what I'm going to try to do? JL

3 Comments:

  • Beware! Art quilting can be addictive..ask me how I know...Jen

    By Blogger Jen, at 9/29/2005 07:37:00 AM  

  • Judy, I have been searching locally for Fabrico ink pads but cannot find them. They are "technically" designed for fabric. I did find some ink pads by the same company and used them. As soon as the ink was dry, I heat set the design. So far, the design has been stable. I used a lightweight muslin. In the past I have used some craft inks on heavy fabrics and they have been OK but once lately, I used them on muslin and the designs turned into big blobs.

    I know that Fabrico is available on-line but I am too lazy to make a decision about the colors I want or to pay the shipping! I do plan to use the same inks I used for the postcards on a wallhanging.

    I would suggest experimenting, though.

    By Blogger Debra Dixon, at 9/29/2005 07:39:00 AM  

  • Oh..........I'm so challenged I can't guess ! Darn ! Guess I'll just keep checking back to see what you are up to..*G*
    Love you tenderheart and desire to make a quilt for the baby and mom...good for you !!!! Hugs, Finn

    By Blogger Finn, at 9/29/2005 08:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home