Sunshine Quilts

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Quilting Gadgets

I'm a sucker for quilting gadgets and I'm betting you are too. While at the Nashville AQS show last month, I purchased a couple of gadgets and so far, I like them a lot. OK .. don't laugh but I bought the Alto Quilt Cut system. I had heard good things and bad things about it. I've probably heard way more people say they bought it and never use it but I have been wanting one for years so I bought it. So far, I can't say it's a whole lot quicker but I do think my cutting is more accurate. I believe I will be quicker with it once I'm more accustomed to using it. And, I bought a "Stich-n-Ditch Binder Foot" made by Martelli. It comes with several contraptions and several adapters to make the "foot" fit different machines. It is great for stitching binding by machine instead of by hand. I've used it twice. The first time, the binding looked ok. The second time, it looked a lot better but the adapter (which is plastic) broke. I sent Martelli e-mail and they have already sent me another adapter. I do so much charity quilting and this makes the binding finished by machine acceptable but the jury is still out on this. The plastic looks kinda flimsy. And, when the foot broke, it caused my sewing machine needle to break. I hate when that happens! Judy L.

1 Comments:

  • Thanks for the gadget reports. I love gadgets too, and I know one of the gals who markets the Alto. Let us know what you think after you've used it while, will you?

    I just purchased the Omnigrid turning cutting mat from Hancocks of Paducah for half as much as in the stores here in KS/MO. I love it it alot!

    By Blogger Quiltgranny, at 9/19/2005 06:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home