Sunshine Quilts

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Ready for Winter!

Whew . . it's HOT! I just came in from gathering some herbs for the spaghetti sauce and decided to check the weather. Heat index is 118. Who'd ever have thought it got this hot in Kentucky? I am so ready for winter! We bought 40 pounds of tomatoes yesterday and with what I picked here, I put up over 50 pounds, the last batch is in the canner now. I'm making a buttermilk pie and then I'm going to get out of the kitchen and go work on the green quilt. Maybe I'll have pictures to show of my progress this afternoon. Judy

4 Comments:

  • Our next 3 days are predicted at 100 degrees here in Virginia! I can't imagine leaving the house!

    By Blogger Judy, at 7/30/2006 02:19:00 PM  

  • Hot, hot, hot . . . it finally cooled down a little here in New Hampshire. But the heat will be back thru the week. I'm so thankful we have A/C. I can't imagine not having it.

    By Blogger Sweet P, at 7/30/2006 05:00:00 PM  

  • 50 pounds of canned tomatoes sounds like a lot of progress to ME!

    You mentioned picking some herbs for your spaghetti sauce - do you ever can some tomatoes with the herbs already added, then mark the jar 'italian' so you know those are special flavored ones?

    By Blogger ForestJane, at 7/30/2006 05:47:00 PM  

  • We're waiting for the heat from the west to hit us by tomorrow, but the weatherman says it'll break by Friday. I need the a/c on so I can work upstairs on the machine.
    What is buttermilk pie?

    By Blogger Eileen, at 7/31/2006 03:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home