Sunshine Quilts

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

A Very Neglected Friend

I love longarm quilting and never ever get tired of working with that machine but I have not touched it in about three weeks. There's normally rarely a day I don't use the machine so this has to be a record. I was busy getting ready for mom and dad to get here (translates into I'm a slob and it took at least a week to get the house halfway decent), then we had graduation and I've just been plain old busy. See what happens though when the machine isn't getting used daily --things are beginning to pile up on it. Yep, I am a quilter and I do not take time to clean house and put things away! Tonight I will finish piecing the bright star quilt with the dyed fabrics and maybe get it loaded. I think I'm going to do a panto . . it just needs to be finished quickly! I'm thinking I might do Jody Beamish's Starflower using gold thread but I have time to change my mind. Judy L.

8 Comments:

  • Looks neat to me! I mean, the fabric IS folded! LOL

    Can I ask you a dumb question about your machine? Those handles - is it a long reach across those roller things that the fabric wraps around to reach them? I was just wondering if my short arms would be able to reach them.

    Okay, I told you it was a dumb question!

    ((HUGS))

    By Blogger Vicky, at 6/06/2006 05:07:00 PM  

  • it's looking like mine! UGH...you deserve a break!
    Hugs
    Laurie

    By Blogger Laurie, at 6/06/2006 05:46:00 PM  

  • I thought I was finally getting back to quilting but now with having to move I've been taking some time out to declutter so we can get the house listed. My studio will be the last area I work on and I will quilt some and clean some, quilt some and clean some.

    By Blogger Mary Johnson, at 6/06/2006 06:03:00 PM  

  • I have a question too... is it harder to use the metallic threads?

    By Blogger ForestJane, at 6/07/2006 12:05:00 AM  

  • I have maybe 10 inches left to quilt on my daughter's quilt and no idea when I'll get to it! We also had a graduation and family from out of town. Hectic!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/07/2006 04:48:00 AM  

  • You are so lucky to have a long arm. Are they hard to learn? I would be very nervous of quilting someone else's top though. I'd be afraid of messing up all their hard work.

    By Blogger Joyce, at 6/07/2006 05:51:00 AM  

  • Wow, I am caught up with your blog and all I can say is that I am kind of glad that someone else has appliance issues too... So you are not the only one if that make you feel any better. BTW Quilters love to get quilts as gifts... but you know that now, huh. I have a long list of quilts that I'd like to have, but that I will never make...

    By Blogger The Calico Cat, at 6/07/2006 06:45:00 AM  

  • Happy Birthday Judy. :)

    Hugs,
    Melinda

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6/07/2006 07:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home