Sunshine Quilts

Friday, June 02, 2006

It should be Illegal!

Do you ever think we have too much fun with our quilting? You know why I'm thinking that? You all know about my goofy neighbor. Really, it's just one. The rest of them are great but you know what they say about one bad apple. Last night the mom was absent. In fact, I think she had been gone for a day or so. The kid is 14 and he's really a problem child. Beginning about midnight, they decided to have a party but they weren't using the door. They were going in and out the house through his bedroom window. And, they were loud! It was after 3 this morning when I finally fell asleep and I think it was from pure exhaustion . . not because they finally calmed down. Anyway, I was looking forward to going to bed early tonight but what do you think happened? This pile of fabric began calling to me. Remember when I bought dotted fabric back in April, I had three quilts to make and I saved this one til last because I knew it was going to be so much fun. I got the other two done, plus those two for EQ and I couldn't wait any longer. I've made all the sashing strips and am just now starting on the blocks. The brights were a gift from dear Vicky from Starr Design Fabrics (hand dyed) and they feel so good. They are fun, fun, fun to work with. I love dots too so I knew this was going to a delight for me to do. The picture above is part of one block, part of the sashing, doesn't look like much now but it will be really neat when it's done. I have everything started but not enough done to really look like anything. I can only hope to get some sewing time this weekend but . . it might not happen. Oh well . . there's always Monday, right? Judy L.

13 Comments:

  • WOW - double WOW! That is going to be dynamite! My new thing is black and white with color, any color. Always liked that combination, but after reading the Freddy Moran books, I'm totally sold on them. (A far cry from my Pandolph fabric for sure!)

    You constantly amaze me, Judy. You and Jane both! You two have the best color sense of anyone I know!

    Can't wait to see this beauty together!

    ((HUGS))

    By Blogger Vicky, at 6/03/2006 04:55:00 AM  

  • You can NEVER had too much fun quilting! I can't wait to see the completed quilt. I bet you just smile thinking about it!

    By Blogger Sweet P, at 6/03/2006 05:29:00 AM  

  • Quilting has to be fun. Why esle would one do all that work? I love your colours and can't wait to see what you do with them.

    By Blogger Joyce, at 6/03/2006 06:18:00 AM  

  • You seem to have some very disruptive neighbours. You may have to reverse your day and night to their schedule to get anything done! :)

    Keep showing us pictures of this project. I love the bright fabrics with the dots. Great contrast. You have my interest!

    By Blogger Silverthimble, at 6/03/2006 07:53:00 AM  

  • looks like a very fun set of fabrics to play with-looking forward to the completed top!

    By Blogger Cher, at 6/03/2006 08:26:00 AM  

  • This looks so fresh - I can't wait to see it when you have added in all the other colours - they are real jewels.

    By Blogger Fiona, at 6/03/2006 08:59:00 AM  

  • Really like that sashing design - can't wait to see how it turns out

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6/03/2006 09:33:00 AM  

  • I don't think I'd have been as patient with loud teens crawling in and out a window! Makes me wonder if mom left with the front door dead bolted (the kind where you have to have the key to turn the bolt) and left with the keys!

    By Blogger ForestJane, at 6/03/2006 01:30:00 PM  

  • Judy,
    Love the color combo...AWESOME!
    Hugs
    Laurie

    By Blogger Laurie, at 6/03/2006 08:47:00 PM  

  • Oh, this is incredible. I love all the fabrics - gonna be dynamite. Thanks for the posting on the magazines too.

    By Blogger Tonya Ricucci, at 6/05/2006 03:04:00 AM  

  • Those are the brightest hand dyed I have ever seen... Yummy!!

    By Blogger Judy, at 6/05/2006 10:19:00 AM  

  • The colours look great! I am looking forward to seeing more progress.
    I also love how you're doing lots of quilts out of your stash. It is very inspiring.

    By Blogger Katrina, at 6/06/2006 12:59:00 PM  

  • Oh those hand dyes are gorgeous! I can't wait to see what you are going to do with them!

    By Blogger Quilts And Pieces, at 6/07/2006 10:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home