Sunshine Quilts

Friday, May 26, 2006

Where are the Parents?

No, we do not have snow in May but this is the only picture I have of the neighborhood . . showing how close the houses are. I've learned so much living in this neighborhood for the last 4 years. I've mostly learned that if I never have another neighbor, I will be very happy! We were up very early yesterday for mom and dad to leave. They ended up driving all the way home, which I had not wanted them to do so I stayed up til they called to tell me they were home. I went to bed about 11:30 and noticed that the boy across the street was out in his driveway working on someone's car. This kid is about 14 and we've had so much trouble with him. Mom works nights and kid stays by himself. At 2 a.m., they cranked the stereo up so that the stuff sitting by my bed was vibrating. That's not going to work! At 2:30, I finally called the police. Our police are so good! They were there (3 cars -- must've been a slow night around town) within about 5 minutes and the noise stopped but in the process of shutting down the stereo installation, they bashed in their garage door somehow so at 3 a.m., they were hammering and banging and cursing. Oh well . . at least they bashed in their own garage door and not mine, right? I had planned to spend almost the whole day sewing but instead, I took a 4 hour nap so I guess I'll spend the whole night sewing! :) Judy

8 Comments:

  • Judy,
    That's why I don't are to know the neighbors here. I just live my life!!!

    And I read about your mom and her quilts...that is AWESOME!!! Wanna give me one too? ;)
    Hugs
    Laurie

    By Blogger Laurie, at 5/26/2006 08:48:00 PM  

  • The cops bashed in his door to the garage because he wouldn't answer? or HE bashed it in because the cops made him mad?

    I live on a tiny cove, but thankfully have pretty quiet neighbors.

    By Blogger ForestJane, at 5/26/2006 10:50:00 PM  

  • Atlanta is so loud. At home, we have the loud music on two fronts, an inhabitant driving into and out of the apartment complex behind (which is several hundred feet away) and a teen-ager driving through our own street; it's so loud that the windows tremble and things inside the house vibrate including my poor eardrums. Oh, for an isolated country house in the midwest!

    By Blogger sewprimitive karen, at 5/27/2006 03:23:00 AM  

  • Judy, if you remember one of my first blog entries I showed pics of where I live. My neighbors are very close. Most of them are seniors though and the girls and I are like babies... The only complaint the girls have had is that the neighbors are often watching out the window and know their every move....and have told me so :)...but for the most part my neighbors are tucked in early and very well behaved.
    I hope you've caught up on your sleep.
    Wendy

    By Blogger Wendy's Quilting, at 5/27/2006 04:11:00 AM  

  • Glad you had such a nice visit, and that some of your lovely quilts are appreciated and have found a new home! Hooray that mom and dad are home safe!
    Our neighborhood is this close, too.

    By Blogger  Jeanne, at 5/27/2006 06:35:00 AM  

  • Jane, the kids bashed in their garage door .. not the cops!

    Judy L.

    By Blogger Granny, at 5/27/2006 09:19:00 AM  

  • Judy, I have three little boys across the street (oldest is 8) and I can hardly wait (not!) for them to start driving. The worst so far is when they drew all over our front door with their sidewalk chalk! That only happened once...

    Julie

    By Blogger floribunda, at 5/27/2006 11:59:00 AM  

  • I fully understand. We had a nice quiet neighborhood, then we got new people who like to talk loudly, play their music loud, throw trash around in the street and people's yards, have loud cars, let their dogs run loose in the neighborhood, don't know that it is not okay to use somebody else's belongings and property without their permission, etc.

    By Blogger Shelina, at 6/04/2006 05:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home