Sunshine Quilts

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Someone Loves My Quilts!

The good news is that we were able to get enough stuff out of the garage that we can now get two vehicles in there. It has been years since I could get two cars in a two car garage but, thanks to the kid across the street who would slit my tires in a heart beat, the garage now houses what it was meant to house . . cars! The bad news is all the stuff that was in the garage is now inside the house. This is a tiny little house and if you imagine nine rolls of batting and at least 90 quilts (my mom counted!), along with all the other stuff a packrat type quilter has in a tiny little house, I probably need not describe our current state of crowdedness. Anyway, until I can find a safe place to put all the rolls of batting (not enough corners in this place), I have a couple of them laying in the middle of living room floor. I didn't want them standing because I was afraid they would fall on Speck. I had been working on the binding on this yellow/purple quilt and laid it across the rolls of batting and look who decided it was a comfy place to sleep! The solution to this overcrowding as I see it: Each roll of batting should be enough for 10 quilts so, as soon as I've quilted 20 quilts, the two rolls of batting will be out of my living room. Only way to get that done is get up an hour earlier . . . who needs sleep? Judy L.

7 Comments:

  • Maybe you should move into a big warehouse with only quilting space. Then you wouldn't have to cook or clean, just quilt. Not sure if your family would agree to that though!

    By Blogger Joyce, at 6/08/2006 06:04:00 AM  

  • Congrats on getting the garage done! Mine is three-quarters unpacked. Where to put all that stuff? LOL

    Speck is just adorable! Yep, they're gonna find a quilt somewhere to lay on - ask Jess and Elvis and Daisy!

    (((HUGS)))

    By Blogger Vicky, at 6/08/2006 06:41:00 AM  

  • Wow, Judy...90 quilts? Sounds like you need to share with your friends. :o) It gets cold here in NJ and there aren't any quilts in my house! (LOL) Congrats on getting the car in the garage...I've never done that!

    Carolyn

    By Blogger Carolyn, at 6/08/2006 07:50:00 AM  

  • Oh my goodness! Please, get enough sleep- and good luck reclaiming your house!

    90 quilts? Judy, how many have you made over your lifetime? any idea?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/08/2006 08:11:00 AM  

  • Are all 20 quilts yours?

    Amazing how our pets find the quilts every time!

    By Blogger Silverthimble, at 6/08/2006 07:03:00 PM  

  • Judy, you don't know how many times I clicked on this picture today - and smiled! Speck is adorable!! Quilt is beautiful, too!

    HUGS

    By Blogger Vicky, at 6/08/2006 07:09:00 PM  

  • Awww! What a cute little guy he is! And congrats on getting the garage cleaned out! :o)

    By Blogger Tracey, at 6/09/2006 05:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home